Chapter 2 - Hogwarts

Once the twins had arrived at the castle, led by Harry, Ron and Hermione, they were directed to the headmaster's office.

Accompanied by Professor Mcgonagall they arrived at a statue of a gargoyle surrounded by a stone staircase.

"Sherbet Lemmon." Mcgonagall waved her hand at the sculpture and the stairs began to move. "On you go." She pushed the top of Sophia's back slightly, Sophia grabbed Sebastian's wrist and walked onto the stairs. Mcgonagall followed behind them.

"Once you are up there, you will each sit on the stool and I will place the sorting hat on your heads, then it will decide which house you belong in." The professor explained.

When they reached the top of the stairs they were greeted by a large wooden door, Sophia reached for the handle when Sebastian pulled her arm and forced her into a hug. "Hope we get the same house." He mumbled into her shoulder.

Sophia pushed him away slightly and held him at arms length. "Me too, but nothing will change if we aren't. I'll still see you all the time, I promise."
Sebastian nodded before opening the door, stalling for a moment before walking in. "Professor Dumbledore?" He asked the tall man with an extremely long white beard.

He was wearing long lilac robes that trailed behind him on the floor, he stood leaning against his desk, polishing his glasses. Then, the headmaster straightened, placed his spectacles on top of his nose and walked over to a wall of shelving. He reached to the top and returned holding an old fabric hat.

"Hello, Mr. Lupin, Miss Lupin. Please would one of you take a seat." He nodded to the stool in the middle of the room and handed the hat to the female Professor. "My apologies that we have to do this in such a rush, but we have already delayed the sorting ceremony by about half an hour, I don't want to keep the other students waiting too long. However, I assumed you would prefer to be sorted privately, as to not draw quite so much attention to yourselves." His eyes twinkled with either understanding or a teasing glimmer, Sophia couldn't quite tell. Perhaps it was both.

"Thank you, sir." Sebastian answered, as he placed himself on the stool. Professor Mcgonagall sat the sorting hat on his head.

The Sorting hat was a whisper inside his mind, "Hmm... Loyal and honest. Perhaps a Hufflepuff? No... no, I see more here. Strong morals... fierce and you demonstrate chivalry. Yes... I see now. GRYFFINDOR!" The last word was spoken to everyone and was so loud Sebastian could have sworn he'd burst an ear drum.

Professor Mcgonagall removed the hat as he stood and walked to Sophia. He gently messed up her hair and whispered to her, "He- it speaks to you, quietly, before shouting the house so... be prepared for the change in volume." He smiled and rubbed his ear.

Sophia walked around him and stood in front of the stool, grimaced at the battered fabric their professor was holding. That thing looked disgusting and she did not want it on her head. She glanced to the side and saw Sebastian with a smirk on his face as he shook his head at the floor. Sophia knew he was laughing at her, thinking she was ridiculous for caring so much about her appearance, she should have been annoyed or perhaps embarrassed, but she couldn't be. His happiness was contagious, it always had been. And the look of innocence his expression held in that moment was enough to make Sophia's heat ache and fill at the same time. She was thrilled he could still be normal, making fun of his sister, despite everything that made them different; though she knew that eventually that would be ripped from him. But she could try. She would try and preserve his joy for as long as possible.