Part 1

Feng Xin was walking through the palace garden searching for Mu Qing who would likely be spending his free time observing the plants. He wasn't really sure why, but lately when he has returned from a mission, he goes out of his way to seek out Mu Qing after reporting to Ling Wen.

'There he is.' At seeing the person he was looking for, a bubbly sensation rose up in his chest. He picked up his pace happily calling out to Mu Qing.

"What do you want?" Mu Qing asked not happy with being bothered while enjoying his solitude.

"Did you miss me?" Feng Xin questioned coming to stand next to Mu Qing in front of a large magnolia tree.

Mu Qing scoffed, "No, I quite enjoyed the peace and quiet away from your idiocy."

"Idiocy? Are you calling me an idiot?" Feng Xin exclaimed feeling the usual irritation that follows most any conversation he has with Mu Qing.

"It's okay, it's not your fault you don't use your brain, right Ju Yang Jiāng jun?" Mu Qing smirked.

"Shut the fuck up!" Fen Xin shoved Mu Qing almost pushing him over.

Mu Qing gave him a deathly glare back before punching him across the face. Feng Xin returned the attack, and they began their usual fighting.

Shi Qing Xuan walked by the garden and sighed at seeing the brawl occurring in the beautiful garden.

"What are we going to do with those two idiots?" he sighed.

"They'll figure it out, they always do," Ling Wen responded, but in reality, just did not have the energy to interfere. A loud bang sounded from a statue being knocked over in the commotion. Ling Wen's brow furrowed "well they usually do."

Approximately thirty minutes of throwing punches and insults later the two martial gods lay in on the pavement panting with exertion.

Mu Qing was the first to get up looking around at the destruction they had caused.

"Feng Xin you uprooted the tulips!" Mu Qing criticized.

"Ugh, how do you know you didn't do that," Feng Xin groans still laying on the floor.

"It's suiting that you hurt these flowers that are a symbol of love and perfection. 我所渴望的只是爱和感情 (all I desire is love and affection)," Mu Qing muttered.

"What is that supposed to mean," Feng Xin shouts defensively. He attempts to get up from the ground, but when he puts pressure on his right arm there is an unexpected wince that escapes him.

Mu Qing didn't seem to notice as he was busy re-planting the tulips a good distance away.

Feng Xin had forgotten that he had injured his arm during his mission earlier and realized that he had made it worse during their fighting. He pushes himself up with his other hand and rushes off to the infirmary not wanting Mu Qing to see him weak.

"Feng Xin-" Mu Qing looks up realizing Feng Xin was gone. 'Wasn't he the one that came to find me? Of course, all he wanted to do was fight.' Mu Qing scoffed to himself.

The following days Mu Qing realized that Feng Xin had been purposely avoiding him. There was an irritation that built up within him. 'Why the fuck is he avoiding me... why does it hurt?' Of course, Mu Qing knew the answer to his own question, but he would never admit it. Certainly not to Feng Xin, so he allowed him to keep his distance for a few more days, but when the week was almost over, he couldn't wait any longer. His days were just too dull without Feng Xin's bothersome nature.