Lyra

Nyc, New York

I stared out the big glass window, looking down and watching the small cars and people below. They all looked like ants. I was always used to this view. I never felt anything when I watched those people below.
But now, to think that there is a "clone" of me living MY life, currently having conversations with my loved ones and the people that I know. And they don't even have a clue about it being fake. 
At least I have Lena. My childhood best-friend. We've known each other as far as we can remember being infants. 
Our parents were friends before we were even born. Lena is pure american, but I'm not, I'm only half. I was born a year after her. Lena's parents suggested that my parents name me Lyra because it sounds somewhat similar to Lena. 
We've watched each other grow and she was always a big sister to me. I always smiled thinking about it.
We both were very famous at a young age. We have rich and well-known parents, constantly having to go to parties, events, shows, interviews. If it was all me without Lena, I would've felt alone. Sure, I enjoy the attention, the fame, the money, but I'm lucky to have someone like Lena who feels the same way.
I turned back around after hearing a knock on my door. "Yes?" 
"It's Bertha." 
I walked towards the door and opened it. I first thing I noticed was her outfit. "You're still wearing the same clothes as yesterday?" 
"I always have two same pairs of the clothes I wear. I'm wearing a different pair today." she shrugged. 
I nodded slowly, still observing her. "I see..." 
She clasped her hands together. "Shall we start?" 

...

I sat with my legs crossed and so was Bertha. We sat face-to-face, my eyes were closed and my palms resting up on my lap. "Deep breaths in-and-out. In ... ... Out."
We continued for another two minutes before Bertha told me to open my eyes. I blinked a few times for my eyes to get adjusted to the light. 
Bertha looked around the room and her eyes fixed onto my ring on the nightstand. "Try lifting that ring up, or moving it." 
I gave her an unsure look before shifting my focus onto the silver ring. "How do I do it?"
"Just repeat the words 'lift' 'lift' and believe that you actually can." 
I closed my eyes and took a deep breath before opening them. I did exactly what she said. 
Lift. Lift. Lift. Lift. Lift. Lift. Lift. Lift. Lift. Lift. Lift. Lift.
Not lifting. 
I eventually gave up. "Okay, this is stupid."
Bertha sighed. 
I wanted to believe that this woman was crazy, but something deep down made me think otherwise.
She gasped as she realized something. Her hands held mines and I waited for what she had to say. "Imagine this." 
"Imagine you and Aiden kissing." 
My eyes widened and I immediately pulled my hands away from her. "What?" I exclaimed.
She reached for my hands again. "No, trust me, please." She grabbed my hands. 
"Why would you even ask that?" I frowned at her. I was starting to believe that she's actually insane.
"JUST," she calmed herself down. "Bear with me here, I'm trying to help you—" 
"Right, by making me imagine myself kissing somebody else." I cut her off. 
She squeezed my hands even tighter. 
"Look, I really need you to trust me. Even Lena reacted the same way you did, she called me 'crazy' but in the end, I showed her the reason why I'm not crazy and why everything I've been telling you guys from the start is true." 
I stared at her for a moment and then I looked down on the floor. "Fine," 
Bertha let out a breath and loosened her grip on my hands. 
"Who's Aiden again?"
"The tall, burgundy brown hair guy. The one standing beside Lena the other day." 
I nodded. 
That guy. 
I closed my eyes. "What's the setting?" 
If we both wanted this to work, we had to be specific
"He has burgundy red hair and you have pale white hair. You guys are on an altar, standing so close. You guys are holding hands and you're wearing a stunning red gown that matches his hair. You both say the words, 'I do,' and before the priest can say the words, he kisses you with such passion, taking you and the crowd by surprise. You can hear cheers and clapping, you can feel the petals falling on your head and brushing down your face. You hear fireworks shooting up to the sky and bursting into sparks. He..."

...

He pulls away from my face with such love and passion in his eyes. I cannot picture a better sight than this. He takes a step back and bows down to kiss the ring on my finger. I smile and we both turn towards the crowd, our hands joined together through love and by marriage, symbolizing the allegiance between the Land of Flames and the Land of Winds.
The people kneel before us as more fireworks fires up into the night sky. 
"From this day on..." he pauses. I turn my head to the side and watch him looking upon his people, my people, Our people before he turns to look at me. 
"Nothing can separate us, my flame." he states with a promising look in his eyes. 

I smile at his words and look back into the crowd and back at him. 

"Ready?" 

"Born ready." he squeezes my hand.

The priest had already announced us husband and wife after we kissed. My handmaiden passes me my bouquet and we head down the stairs from our wedding altar. 

Once we reach the bottom, we both look at each other with a grin on our faces. 
He starts the countdown in a low tone. 

"Three."

"Two."

"One." 

————————————————————————————————————