Chapter 1

As Melanie found herself standing awkwardly in the corner of the grand room, she couldn't help wondering why she was there in the first place. She thought maybe she would fit in more with the help than with the high class socialites and less known faces that were clearly born with a golden spoon in their mouths. This was obvious from the cashmere suits and silken dresses. It was clear these people had surnames that mattered to the world and a reputation rightfully attached.

     These people fit in perfectly with the beautiful palish blue walls with its golden ornaments and large furnished stage. The podium sitting there in anticipation waiting to be used. Melanie didn't know many people at this event so she just stood still tapping her toes to the beat of the live music holding a glass in her hand smiling. She honestly contemplated running out the door as she intensely eyed it.

     “Mel! Come here!” She instantly turned to the voice’s direction and smiled at its source. The lights that stood above her were no longer blinding her and instead were lighting her path now. This voice was the reason she mingled among the rich, the reason she was at this place, the reason her smile went from ear to ear. “How's your little party going?” She said while giggling. “Little?!” The boy jokingly swung around to view the large room that must've had over one hundred guests.

     “Doesn't matter, at least now I finally have you to myself.” She whispered as she got closer to him and placed her outstretched arms on his shoulder. Unexpectedly instead of a smile, he made a face as if unsure of her words. This was because although being bombarded the whole night with guests, he decided to take a short break for himself. “Technically, I told my little fans I'm going to the men’s room…which I am…at least in its direction.” As if passing on a message or speaking in code, Melanie released her hands and the handsome fellow strode in the opposite direction.

     Melanie stayed stationary until he was out of sight and followed in this direction. The moment she turned the corner she looked around to see if any eyes were following. No person was in sight so the click of the heels down the hall increased. Suddenly, a door swung open behind her. The door was unmarked and the room didn't seem to have light peeking through. She stopped instantly and slowly walked up to the extremely dark room entrance.

     Before she could even realise what was happening, a hand came out of the dark and pulled her inside. Within the dark she saw the door closing, shutting out the light. “Chill, chill…it's me baby.” A familiar voice whispered. Melanie wasn't scared because she knew exactly what was happening. It's why she walked down the halls in the first place. Suddenly, Melanie was pushed against a wall. “So no lights?” The soft touch of lips brushed her ears. “No, why don't we try something new?” Melanie felt tingles all over her neck due to how close he said it to her ear.

     “Since when is total darkness a new thing?” She snickered. “Oh come on bare with me.” “Alright, alright…” At that moment her words were cut off by a kiss. Melanie kissed him back and bit his lips. In return, he licked her lips. She then felt his hands slide onto her back and traced down until it was on her buttocks. Slowly he began applying pressure until her right cheek was squeezed within his hands.

     Melanie bit her lips but her lover was unable to see. “You like that?” “I think we can do more than that.” He vigorously flipped her over, her face to the wall, and he once again whispered into her ear. “Why can't you just say yes, don't you want to make me happy?” Melanie pushed her butt back until it brushed on his crotch. She could feel something rising from that area. “Somebody is excited.” “Don't pretend like you aren't.” “I never said I wasn't.”

     “Enough talking, I don't have time.” He lifted her salmon coloured dress that was a bit past her knees up to her waist. His strong masculine fingers slid between her legs feeling the silk underwear he bought for her a week prior. It was now moist. He removed his fingers and made sure to suck it loud enough for her to hear. At that time his lust had come to a full solid stand and he needed her panties to be off, NOW.

     So he did as his desire wanted. Unfortunately the moment her underwear reached the knees a voice over a microphone was heard. “As the ceremony begins I would like to invite the man of the hour on the stage, Vincent Andreas! Vincent my boy, where are you?” “Oh God not now, I'm busy!” He violently whispered. “Vincent! We're waiting child!” Melanie decided to take action and pulled up her panties as well as trying to find the light switch. The minute it turned on they both winced due to the unpredictable brightness of the bulb. “Jesus, I don't remember it being this bright before.” “Doesn't matter, let's make ourselves decent for the crowd, especially you.” She fixed both their hair, hurrying to try and not look like they were shagging even if they actually weren't, not yet at least.

     “What am I gonna do with him though?” Melanie knew her boyfriend well enough that she didn't have to look at him pointing at his erection while she fixed her dress. “Tell him to calm down because if I hear that guy say your name again I'll go insane.” Vincent stood quietly breathing deeply, calming himself. It apparently worked as the bulge was no more. “Wish me luck babe, time to go.” He rushed out the room leaving her behind to receive even more attention for his apparently award worthy essay on sustainable business practices, or maybe report was a better word.

     Instead of following behind him she decided to go to the ladies’ room. She had been avoiding alcohol the whole evening and instead preferred drinking refreshing orange juice. Unfortunately she had reached a point where her bladder was bursting. There was a possibility she would miss his big speech, but he spent the whole week practising it with her. Melanie could even repeat it herself. She would just make a quick trip to the washroom and back.