Chapter 11: Rivalry

These few months passed by like the wind. Faster than expected. Life was completely different for Hanako now that she had entered the grounds of Jujutsu High. Not that she was complaining. At one point, it was actually fun being about to fight curses and make good use of the power she held.
But at the same time, she felt fearful. Fearful of the fact that she might just..snap. She might lose control over herself like before. Even though it may have already been in the past, there's was a lingering feeling in her stomach that caused slight anxiety. She still remember the face of her mother, how terrified she looked of her own daughter who she loved so much, how fearful her eyes looked, how she screamed out her daughter's name for help.

"Hanako! H-..Hana..Hanako! W.. please! Stop t..this!!"

That voice..those screams. If only she could turn back time and bring some sense into her stupid self. She hated it. She hated herself for it. The burning feeling of regret was too much to handle. Maybe if she just..

"Oi, Ishioka Hanako! For the fifth time now, stop daydreaming!"

Her thoughts are suddenly interrupted. Who's voice is that? Wait..is that Suguru? Suguru? She feels a sudden bonk on her head, which hit slightly hard and thankfully took her out of her river of thoughts. She winces in pain, rubbing her head as she stared at the figure Infront of her. Suguru stood there, with a not-so-happy expression on his face as he lets out a sigh. He held a wooden katana. A katana, right.. She was practicing her fighting skills.

"Why did you have to hit so hard?" She lets out in a pissed off tone, still rubbing her head. Damn, he might have bruised her bad. Suguru just lets out a light chuckle, placing a hand on his hip, right on his high-waisted baggy pants.

"Well, if you dream so much during your training, I, as your mentor, will have to hit you on your head." He says with a proud smile. The fact that he is so much similar to Satoru in his shenanigans, really has her going crazy, in a mad way.

"Alright then, since you ruined the round with your daydreams, we'll take this up a notch", He stood up straight, lifting his wooden katana up to aim at her.

Seeing this, she straightens herself as well, ready for another round of training. Suguru's close-combat skills, and overall training is actually impressive. She be lying if she said that he was not an inspiring person to her. His manners, his words, his actions, all were like a role model to her. He was like the older brother she never had. The brother she never knew she needed.

As the training grounds roared with the sounds of their combats, it all soon came to an end when they were tired out. Both of them rested on the floor, Hanako laying flat on the ground.

"How the fuck do you manage all this!? Don't you think you're going too hard on me, Suguru??" She groaned in annoyance as she huffed out a breath. Suguru just laughed at her behavior. She was no doubt, more playful and open when it came to him.

"This is just half of the normal training I receive." Wait what. She immediately sat up, staring at him with wide eyes. "Half!? Tell me you're joking!" "No I'm not, Hana"

Sh scoffs again. "Don't call me that" He just laughed, "Pfft, does little nickname really piss you off this much? It suits you" He joked.

She gives him a 'don't test me' look as he just held his hands up in the air as a defeated sign. Then there was a moment of silence in the air around them. It was uncomfortable, but they didn't dare to interrupt it at first, until Suguru spoke up.