Chapter-8: Now I finally got a chance

My head is spinning, I feel like someone just threw a rock on my head even though it isn't bleeding, it hurts like hell. I came here as an escape but it feels like I'm getting trapped even more, the years of my parents abuse just came rushing back like a flood which was waiting for the the right time, my breathing is uneven, my heart feels like it's gonna jump out of my body I don't know how long I have been sitting here but a knock on my door startles me so much I jump and accidentally knocked a vase from my bedside table.

The door slightly open just enough for lily's head to creep through, when she sees me she opens the door wider and slowly walks near my bed "are you okay? What am I saying you're definitely not ok, I'm sorry" she sits on the edge of the bed I was so distracted I didn't notice she was holding something, when she sees me looking she say "this is for you Ryan made this he thought you might be hungry since it's been two hours since you came out" two hours I've been here for two hours I was so caught up in my thoughts I didn't realise two hours went by.

Lily just kept the tray and left. It smelled really good, the smell of fresh croissants and coffee, it had: a cup of black tea, a glass of juice, a croissant, a sandwich, a plate of strawberry's and plate of condiments, damn this guy can be a chef. The presentation is also a chef's kiss, I tore a piece of the croissant and put it in my mouth and was glad to say the taste didn't disappoint either it was perfectly buttery and the layers were just the exact amount of softness complimenting the crispy outer layer...

I took a refreshing shower and wore a basic white shirt and jeans, patted myself on the back before opening my door, Zack and Ryan weren't there it was just Lily watching the tv "why aren't you asleep yet?" I question her "I could ask you the same thing" she says turning the question back to me "I came here for water" I move to the kitchen counter and pour myself a glass of water "couldn't sleep" she says dryly looking at the tv " I'm sorry about him" she says with guilt in her voice as she looks back at her lap "it's not your fault" I say not ready to speak about that incident already, it just reminds me of my parents and how they thought I was never enough to satisfy them...

The next day

Today is the last day for me to get everything ready and I haven't even completed one of them. I rage scream into my pillow and finally get out of bed I've been procrastinating getting out of bed for the past hour. I open the bathroom and turn on the hot water and don't bother taking off my clothes before walking in and allowing the steaming hot water to consume my thoughts.

I got changed and opened the door to the living room. Lily is eating a bowl of chopped fruits, Ryan is drinking coffee while reading the newspaper not gonna lie he looks like a stereotypical dad: glasses and drinking coffee while reading newspaper, when he sees me he says " good morning" I nod at him and force a smile still haven't completely recovered from yesterday's event, hearing his voice Lily turns to me she smiles chewing, that's when I noticed Zack behind her standing near the door yelling at someone on the phone. Lily motions for me to sit next to her and I do, as I sit on the couch she pulls out a notebook and sets it on my lap.

It was flipped to a page it looked like she wrote many things and striked it out then I noticed two words which are not striked "killer queen" "what is this?" I ask her, she replies still chewing "your code name" I was confused and just blinked at the paper she finally put down bowl and faced me "you weren't able to think of a code name or a job because of what happened so consider this like an apology from me for him I stayed up all night thinking and I thought this would suit you because there's a song which kinda describes you with the same name 'killer queen' by Mad tsai" she pulled out her phone and played the video.

I burst out laughing "you think I'm some psychopath" I ask her smiling "I thought you were pretty and many boys here already wants to date you and don't deny that, when you were walking out of the class I heard many guys whispering how cute you were and you give me psycho killer vibes and I know you will be an amazing assassin so yeah" she got up and left not waiting for my response, guess I got a code name now...

I didn't know we needed permission for going to the "normal world" but apparently we do, during the evening I told Ryan I'm going to apply for my undercover job and he asked "did you ask permission from the headmaster first?" So yeah. She gave me a ticket which was like a sticker I couldn't remove it but I needed it to get inside or outside mafia island and it will kill you if you don't take it off within one day which only the people who have a special tool to remove it can do.

I took a taxi and now I'm here at the restaurant... "The Morgans's" I applied to be a part time singer here because singing was the only thing I was technically good at because whenever my parents were fighting or when they abused me I would turn on a radio which my dad was going to throw away but I took it from the dumpster and fixed it I still don't know how I did it but hey it worked. I would always turn on the radio and listen and everything else was magically gone, I wanted to be a singer but my parents were against it, I just wanted to share the thing that helped me during tough times to people going through the same and be a inspiration for them and now I finally got a chance...

                                                                                          Authors note

Killer queen is one of my most favourite songs have you guys listened to it now that I'm looking at it it's a long chapter anyways more shocks and surprises coming soon wait should I make that my motto anyways there is a person who is annoying me from the morning but check her out Leona_505  bye snowflakes