Chapter-9: It was my jolt!?

"Very good. With that I think this interview is over. I think you've done really well, and I'm impressed with your vocal skills and potential." The interviewer says as she checks her papers and align them by tapping them on the table "thank you for your time hoping to see you again on your first day" she says and I stand up as I walk out of the room I let out a breath that I didn't know I was holding. YES!!

I cooled myself down and checked my phone, shit I only have 20 minutes to get back before the ticket explodes, I run out the building and when a taxi nears me I get in it as soon as possible "the noble field please and fast" I say to the driver and he speeds off. It isn't far away so we arrive in just 3 minutes, I get out off the car so swiftly I almost fall on my face. I search my bag and give him the money not waiting for him to return the change and ran to find the helicopter, I hop on to it the moment I find it and it takes off immediately, my heart is pounding as the minutes tick by I won't be able to make it to the academy...I don't want my life to end like this I still need to succeed in my dreams, make new friends, prove that bastard I belong here, jump of a cliff...wait...maybe not jump of a cliff but you know.

When we finally land, I pull out my phone too forcefully that it slipped off my hand this goddamn phone can't behave even in a serious situation, dumbass. No no no I can't get to the academy in 1 minute as I rush out I see Mrs. Rogers near the gate, she looked like a business woman with her pearl white shirt, navy blue pencil skirt which matched the coat draped over her shoulder, when she turned and saw me relief washed over her face, I ran to her and she hugged me tightly it give me a slight scare...yeah, still not used to hugs she smelled like daisy, then I let out a breath that I didn't know I was holding, she hurriedly pushed me away and pulled out a contraption which removed the ticket "thank god dear" Mrs. Rogers sighs "come on I'll drop you" she turned away and started walking to her car.

I followed her still baffled on how close I got to death. When we reached her sleek black Mercedes she put on a pair of black sunglasses and got in, I soon followed. I was staring out the window most of the ride enjoying the view of the neat buildings, I expected people to shoot someone every ten seconds but no it was mostly calm and quiet "Mafia island is nothing like I'd expected" I said breaking the silence "dear I just wanted to tell you something" she said with a smile I took my eyes off the window and stared at her "no one calls this place 'mafia island' it's a name given by the outside people in here we call it 'The Carnage kingdom or island'" she completed. Wow that's a cool name "so don't call it mafia island again, ok" she adds and I nodded with a tired smile,

 Wow that's a cool name "so don't call it mafia island again, ok" she adds and I nodded with a tired smile,

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Then i decided to ask the question which has been occupying my mind recently "Mrs. Roger?" I say turning towards her she hummed in response "why did you accept me even though I didn't complete the assignment given to me for admission" I put a little emphasis on the last few words she chuckled at my question and replied "you remember the time where you walked on the wall?" I remembered that moment I was completely baffled and confused on how I did that. "yes" I say "while you were too busy fighting to think twice about it, I noticed something" she paused "you didn't climb because you were scared of getting hurt or anything, it was your jolt..." she took out her phone and showed me the video, it was the moment when the robot moved and I was about to face plant on the wall and she paused at the exact moment I started walking on the wall and zoomed in and she was right it was my jolt ice coated my shoe and the wall ,connecting me to the wall. All this time I thought it was my adrenaline rush...

"in all my experience I have never seen the ice jolt hold a complete person, no one was strong enough to do that that's why we chose you" she said as she continued driving...then the car comes to a stop, I smiled at Mrs. Rogers and got out and started walking into the campus "your special dear" she said from her car and I turned to face her "don't let anyone tell you otherwise..." she completed and drove away...as the wind blew making my hair hit my face a tear rolled down, that is something I would have begged my parents to say "thank....you.."

Author's note
I know what everyone's gonna say "where were you Alisa?!" Chill guys I'm in a new period of my life I'm pretty sure I'll be updating consistently for like....2 months....during my summer holidays but still any ways thank you to all the people reading my story ily and bye oh one more thing I need to thank this girl for many of the photos I used for the interior of assassin academy Leona_505 check her out good bye

The Power Squadजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें