𖣔 ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏᴜʀ 𖣔

Just why? Why in the world did the system ask me if I wanted to meet the Emperor if we were going to meet anyway?

Oh, yes! It was because that was a voluntary choice, and this was forced by a certain redhead who wanted me dead at the hands of the Emperor. Because her plan didn't do the job a few days ago. Great!

I didn't even do anything. And suddenly I am called upon to the center of the ball room to make the First Greetings of the evening. Why? Because redhead snitched on me. No, she pulled a prank on me. She convinced me to join the banquet because I didn't know anything. The memory loss was working in her favor. And not to mention the fact that I am actually a foreigner, she wanted me to get embarrassed from all sides. All because I didn't quietly die like she wanted.

I could almost imagine her sugary sweet voice mumbling the words.

Oh, my dear Emperor! I cannot contain my joy of you being elevated to an Emperor. However, I am torn apart between the emotions if pride and sorrow. A noble consort 'died' three days ago. I was so grief stricken that I couldn't bear to let her go. I even stopped her coffin from getting buried. I prayed day and night for the God to bring her back. But now I believe that miracles happen. The very moment you set your foot in the city; she rose from the dead. She must have been blessed by the Gods. If you receive First Greetings from her, I am sure more glorious moments would come.

And so, the Emperor, oh dear Emperor, he was swept by her words and summoned the most neglected wife, the hundredth consort Regina Patrissia to pay the First Greetings.

To my utter amusement, no one even realized that it was me. Because Regina was not beautiful. No, she couldn't be beautiful under any circumstances.

If I had to use a modern word to bestow upon this ancient people I would have shouted 'With all due respect, intercourse with yourself' at the top of my lungs. I would have cursed successfully and respectfully. The F word wouldn't suit here anyway.

Now, even the Queen Dowager was glaring at anyone who was about to enter the central area of the ball room. The General had taken his seat too. I ignored his gaze. The commotion in the hall died when I stepped forward. I took a deep breath in.

You know what, Redhead? I spoke with my eyes to the woman who was looking down at me. I couldn't help but smirk slightly when I saw how surprised all of them were. Regina would have died of happiness if she had seen this look in their eyes. But now she was gone. It felt almost ironic how I remembered that a person is most remembered after their death. Technically, 'Regina' wasn't dead, because I was in her body. But her awareness, her emotions, her personality had died with her. Now everything that was planned for Regina, was planned for me. And everything that they were going to experience would be a plot of mine.