Chapter 20: Upon the Arrival of Their Mage Power

Maria sat huddled in the dimly lit room, the sounds of battle raging outside serving as a constant reminder of the peril they faced. With each boom of magic resonating from the west, her grip tightened on the hilt of her sword, her resolve unyielding despite the chaos surrounding her.

The dead army pressed relentlessly against their defenses, their cold, lifeless eyes reflecting the hunger for destruction. Maria knew that any distraction could be fatal, so she refused to divert her attention from the task at hand. Every moment counted in their fight for survival.

Through the small window, she could see flashes of light illuminating the sky, accompanied by distant screams and the smell of burning flesh. Yet, Maria remained steadfast, her mind focused on strategies to repel the undead horde.

Her companions, weary from battle but determined to stand their ground, looked to her for guidance. Maria met their gazes with a steely determination, silently conveying her commitment to protect them at all costs.

As the onslaught continued, Maria's thoughts drifted to her homeland, now overrun by darkness and despair. She vowed to reclaim what was lost, to rebuild and restore hope to those who had suffered.

Despite the overwhelming odds stacked against them, Maria refused to succumb to despair. With each swing of her sword and each incantation of magic, she fought with all her strength, fueled by a fierce determination to defy fate and emerge victorious.

The boom of magic from the west intensified, shaking the very foundations of their refuge. Yet, Maria remained resolute, her faith unshaken even in the face of seemingly insurmountable odds.

For Maria knew that as long as there was breath in her body and fire in her soul, she would never surrender to the darkness. With unwavering resolve, she stood as a beacon of hope amidst the chaos, a symbol of defiance against the encroaching tide of death.

As the deafening magic subsided, a powerful force swept through the cave entrance, causing Maria to tighten her grip on her sword, ready to defend her companions. Alongside Greynol, she stood guard over Dwain and Esmeria, their unconscious forms vulnerable amidst the chaos.

As the figure who had unleashed the potent magic emerged, Maria's muscles tensed, prepared for another onslaught. Yet, to her surprise, it was none other than Reign Spark, their steadfast ally, who had come to their rescue once more.

Relief flooded through Maria as she realized they had been saved from certain doom. Lowering her weapon, she nodded in gratitude to Reign Spark, silently acknowledging his unwavering loyalty and bravery.

With Dwain and Esmeria safely in his care, Reign Spark joined Maria and Greynol, ready to assist in repelling the relentless assault of the undead army. Together, they formed a formidable team, united in their determination to withstand the darkness threatening to engulf them.

As the battle raged on, Maria found renewed strength in the presence of her comrades, knowing that they would face whatever challenges lay ahead as a united front. With Reign Spark at their side, they stood a fighting chance against the forces of evil that sought to tear their world apart.

As Kelrathul unleashed his fury, Maria watched in horror as dark spells surged forth, threatening to overwhelm Reign and their entire party. But Reign, ever resourceful, tapped into the formidable power of the mana crystal amulet around his neck, channeling its energy into a dazzling display of arcane might.

With a fierce determination in his eyes, Reign unleashed a devastating counterattack, summoning forth a pulsating arcane sphere of unimaginable power. The sphere crackled with raw energy, its brilliance illuminating the cavern with an otherworldly glow.