CHAPTER 1: OPEN-EYED

(3rd pov)
Word count: 1475

"FINN'S ARM IS MINT."

"..."

Bruce's eyes flutter open only to be met with a blinding light, muffled voices surrounding him.

'What?'

His eyes instinctively squint, trying to adjust to the sudden exposure.

'What is this? Heaven?' He thinks to himself.

A feminine voice makes a gasp. "We did it! He's alive!"

"Shhhh! You'll startle the poor boy." Another says.

The first person speaks up again, a little softer in her tone. "I'm sorry, I just can't believe we brought another one of those boys back to life."

'Huh? Back to life?'

Bruce opens his mouth to speak but all he can form is a quiet "what?..."

A third person smiles sweetly at Bruce. "Don't strain yourself, buddy. What I need you to do for us is to rest as much as possible, your body has gone through a lot for these past few weeks."

Bruce stares at him as if he's waiting for him to continue, the man seems to understand as he continues to talk.

"Do you remember what happened before you fell asleep?"

Bruce's body stiffens."Yes."

He nods. "Alright...I know you're confused but I need you to rest until you and I can talk properly."

Bruce doesn't say anything in response, instead he lets his head sink further into the soft pillow of the hospital bed he's laying in.

'What the actual fuck.'

Bruce is supposed to be dead. He remembers helping Finney escape from the Grabber as a ghost, so why is he alive again?

Not that he's complaining, as a ghost he could barely remember anything at all. But now, he remembers everything.

But that includes things he wishes to forget, those few weeks he spent in that crappy basement. They were weeks of hell, torture and suffering.

Bruce closes his eyes, taking a deep breath. He can feel his head flooding with an ocean of  puzzled thoughts

But seriously. What is this? Some Frankenstein type of shit? Is he a zombie? Because whatever happened to him, his entire body is exhausted and in absolute agony.

His eyes wander over to the wall beside him, it has this weird chart that one of the people wearing white coats writes something on it, while reading through it, everything started to make sense.
------------------

GRABBER'S VICTIMS - RESURRECTIONS

01 - Griffin Stagg
DOB: September 8th
Age: 12
Height: 5'3
Abduction date : April 2nd 1979
Resurrection date: March 29th 1984