CHAPTER 2: STAR WARS FANCLUB

(3rd pov)
Word count: 2111

"Night, night, naughty boy..."

"..."

Bruce gasps, scrambling to sit up, preparing for the worst to happen.

Only to realise that he's not in the basement anymore.

His tense shoulders relax upon seeing the dimly lit hospital room he's staying in. His fingers running along the soft mattress he's laying on.

He sighs, brushing his black hair out of his face. His throat is dry and stomach is in knots, as if he could be sick any second now.

'It was just a dream. He can't hurt you anymore, Bruce.' He attempts to reassure himself.

He chuckles. None of this is funny, he just feels pathetic. This whole situation is just pathetic.

Wiping the sweat off of his forehead, he shakily climbs out of bed, slipping his pair of slippers on.

He needs to get a drink of water.

He gingerly drags his feet along the floor and out into the hallways of the hospital.

Well, it technically isn't even an official hospital, as the only patients receiving treatment in this place is Bruce and the other ghost boys.

It's like it was specifically designed for them.

This place gives Bruce weird vibes, he can't exactly tell why, but he doesn't seem to trust anyone that works here.

Bruce freezes upon hearing two sets of footsteps. Footsteps that don't belong to himself.

He swiftly turns around to see two of the ghost boys: Griffin and Vance.

'What are they doing up at this hour? It's like, 4 in the morning.'

Bruce lets out a soft, yet awkward laugh, making Griffin slightly smile at Bruce.

"Hey Bruce, it's been a while." Griffin says.

Bruce nods. "Ye...yeah. Hey guys."

"Hey." Vance states, crossing his arms.

Bruce gives Vance a small nod of acknowledgment before turning his attention back to Griffin as he starts talking.

"Bruce, why are you up so late? Or, uh, I guess early?" Griffin asks, looking up curiously as the older boy.

"Water." Bruce replies, a small shake in his tone of voice that is barely noticeable.

Vance runs his fingers through his long, blonde hair before speaking up. "Did you have a nightmare?"

"..."

His silence seemed to answer Vance's question for him, he usually hates being ignored but he can't bring himself to yell at Bruce, not when he looks so shaken up.