Chapter 7: Nope. It's Kate & Nate ;)

Everyone was so cheerful as we sat down our table at some resto-bar just a few blocks away from school. Probably the longest table on the place; we're a group of 12, including Miss Lina.

Nate was sitting two chairs away from my left. I can't tell how he feels.. he's just.. unpredictable? I don't know. I really thought he would pursue talking to me. Dork. Who would want to talk to someone who won't answer back? A voice in my head pointed.

Well.. I admit I was a ittle overreacting. But.. but.. Oh. Oh-kay. I will forget the Nikki and Nate thing. The group chatted for a little while before our orders arrived. Everyone was just so high spirited while eating you can't help yourself to be one too. I shared a few lame jokes and they were being nice by laughing.

As time flew, more and more people started to arrive at the place and the music was becoming loud and, you know. Im not really good with words so let's just say it's party time!!!

"Jessie!!" I shouted to the woman beside me. She's been a good acquaintance-- or should I say friend already?-- anyway, that to me. I remember I asked her earlier why she decided to join Film Club and she answered, "I don't really know! (laughed) My friends keep on telling me I should join Glee club because Im good at singing and not to brag, I guess I really am, but I ended up here!" And she laughed the topic off.

She turned to me, "Yeah?!"

"Why don't you rock this place tonight?!"

"What!?!" She asked. It's just so hard to talk to anyone anymore. The music was banging and I can't even see most of the people I came here with. Including Nate. Because earlier, as 'the party started' we moved to another side of the resto-bar. Some ordered drinks while some just ate a few chips at a cocktail table. Including me.

"The DJ said it's an open mic hour!!!" I shouted to her ears.

She cocked her head and laughed. "I dont know!! I mean..--"

"Oh come on!!!" I coaxed her her way to the stage. After a few minutes of endless pleading and promises I got her. Holding the mic, standing on stage as big as life.

She said something to the DJ and the music tuned a little, just a little, down.

"Yo! We got somebody up here!" The DJ said and the crowd cheered.

"Hey! So this is for my friend over there.." she pointed me and I laughed waving a little as people gazed at me. "..and for you awesome people in here tonight. Let's get it on the floor!!!"

We cheered our throats out and she began singing as the music returned to its usual-loud banging.

"If you go hard you gotta get on the floor.. If you're a party freak then step on the floor.. If you're an animal then tear up the floor.. Break a sweat on the floor, yeah we work on the floor" She sang and danced. 

I danced and enjoyed her singing and the party ambience around me. I even sang aloud like what some people are doing! "Don't stop keep it moving put your drinks up!"

I was partying like crazy until I felt someone tapped my shoulders. I turned and I saw Nate smiling this lazy, sexy smile of his.

"I didn't know you dance!!" He shouted.

I laughed and playfully slapped his left shoulder.

"I was just showing some people here how to dance like J-Lo!!" I shouted.

"I must say you're doing a good job!"

"You want me to teach you?!"

"What?!" He laughed and shook his head.