Mink

I walk down a dark forest looking for dinner; it's getting very late. I have an arrow so it's easier to hunt for food. I hear the bushes rustling, probably just a small animal, I went to the bushes that was rustling all the time, it was dark so I couldn't see a thing, I could just see a black shadow and I could tell that this is something that I could eat, so I threw my arrow to the shadow and made a really loud shout out. That doesn't sound like an animal, I checked it with my coil light and see a little boy, omg, I just shoot my arrow into him, he was crying in pain so I took his body in my hands and brought him back home "Oh geez, I'm so sorry little guy, I didn't mean to..." I felt really bad so I took out my medical kit box. I pulled out my arrow, but he resist, it would make it more painful if he moved too much "Stay still, I'm trying to help you" I said holding to his hips and I finally got the arrow out, he cried with the massive pain he received so I took out the cold cream onto his bleeding hip. I wrap his wound with a bandage and let him rest, lying down on my bed "There, there. I'm sorry little guy, I didn't know you're a child, what's your name?" I talk to him while I rub the wound to ease the pain "M-Mink..." he said his name weakly and soft, what a lovely name "Well, my name is ______ nice to meet you" I said rubbing his head gently, his body is so small, how could I have done something like this to a child? I asked to myself "Where's your parents?" I asked smiling, I then spotted tears falling off his eyes and strolling down his cheeks "They're...gone" he couldn't stand this, first he lost his parents and now he got shot with an arrow? I'm a horrible person; he then started crying again "Waaaaaaa!!! ...*hic*....Aaaaa!" he scream for such sadness in him "Aww...there there, its okay, its okay. I'll find your parents then" I said, I'm sure they're not entirely gone; I guessed they could have left the child alone while they're out somewhere, beside, the child have a small purple diamond necklace, then their parents must have given it to him not too long ago, the traces were fresh from the scent of a human soul. I quickly sew up a small teddy bear so he could at least calm down, and he did. I left the house for some food, I see a bird and a raccoon, and I shoot them, the bird surprisingly survived, I just took them all in and cook them, I serve it to Mink and he ate them all, I bet he's very, very hungry. I make some warm milk from my cows I kept in the yard. I boiled the milk and add some honey to them, I gave it to Mink and he drank them all. I guess he really is hungry. He slept on my arms as I hugged him while we slept. I don't know what to do with him, am I suppose to adopt him? I immediately forgot about those questions when I see his face. I woke up the next morning and cook breakfast; I used the left over meat from yesterday and cooked them for this morning. I left a not for Mink while I go search for his parents. I search the towns and the forests. Then I went to the next town and around the mountains, where could they've gone? I asked everyone for any lost of child but no one recall of any. I went to the mountains and search around there, while I walk, I see some dead trees, but most of them were recovered, the more deeper I walk, the more I see dead trees, looks like it was burned. I walked deeper until I could see a large empty area filled with dead trees, burned people, burned houses, are these once a village? Looks like its burned down. I walked deeper and saw a shine thing under a piled up wood. I took it and...it's a diamond, it's just the same color as Mink's necklace. Could this be...his homeland? I walked in deeper and saw a couple of houses that survived from the fire. I went in and saw a beautiful decorated house filled with all kind of enchanted things such as dream catchers, a woven carpet, feathers as hair accessories, I see a family portrait, I could see a beautiful woman with a handsome man holding onto a new born baby, another was a child with such happiness in his face, this is Mink, the child grew up into a big kid that looks just like him, but most of the photos were burned out. I went out from the horrible sight and saw a hair accessory on the ground, its pink and white, it's a hairpin. I decided to bring home all the things related to Mink's family. I see Mink sitting on the sofa with the empty TV screen "Mink, I need to talk to you" I said bending down to meet his gaze "Your parents...they're gone, they died in a fire in your homeland. Here, these were the only things I could gather for you from your family" I took out the hairpin, his family portrait and the diamond, he took the photo and started crying "Mommy...and Daddy, is gone" he hugged the photo and cried, I pull him down from the sofa so he could sit on my level, I hugged him as I carried him on my hands while he cried on my shoulder "It's okay...Sshhh...its going to be okay" I was pretty shocked by what happen to a nine year old child, this must've been so rough for him, especially in this age. He cried harder and harder and hugged me tight, I tapped his back and whispered "It'll be okay..." but he wouldn't stop crying, I then took the hairpin and placed it on the back of his head "Now...Mink, you could destroy your past...destroy it, and make a new one with me and you, everything will be okay if you try to survive with your past and the future" I said, he looked to me with teary eyes, he nodded and hugged me. I hold him tight on my hands as I took him to the town in front of my house, I walked and walked until Mink pointed out to something, he point to a beautiful pink cockatoo, its beautiful. To my flavor of the color, it was really rare, it was for adoption. I decided to took it in and made it as part of out family member, Mink was happy with the gift and thanked me for everything, his wound eventually healed after a few days so now he could move freely. After a couple of years past, Mink grew up really fast, but then...a fire started and everyone died, it was a fire from that bastard Toue. Part of the building fell on me so I couldn't move, Mink couldn't pull me out, the bird died when the house burned, he surprisingly able to escape, the bird flies away and got shoot by a hunter. I told Mink to save himself, at least that's my last wish for him, so he did, he left the house until the building collapse and killed me.

Mink's POV

I left mother in there, before she died, she told me "I love you..." and then the building collapse. Everything is gone, I've lost everything. I left the area and came back when the fire has been put out. I found the diamond underneath the collapse building and I cherish it. I have to keep moving forward, I will get my sweet revenge on that bastard Toue for taking everything away from me. But I need help, I bought an ALLmate that looks the same is my pet cockatoo, to remind myself of ______. I still remember that that cockatoo was my precious gift from mother, I'll cherish her hairpin by using it and the pipe she gave when I turn 22. I'll get my revenge, I'll kill Toue for my family.