Prologue: My Last Breath

Let me summarize our life here: After the day Koro-sensei left, even though us each individual in Class 3-E had our own path, the memories of that senior year still seemed indelible.

Fed up with the pressure from the rushing waves of nostalgia, we, the members of Class 3-E, had gathered together and decided to form their own organization, using the old classroom as the main base. In fact, it was not true that this decision was superficial, but if it had been cherished for a long time, it was even more wrong. It's just that... We were still constantly remembering and remembering the most glorious, peaceful and best days of our lives.

And every time we thought about the reason why Koro-sensei turned from a healthy human being into a strange monster, an invisible yet intense anger always welled up inside us. That's why we decided to completely eliminate every organization involved in experimentation on the human body.

Among us, I, Nagisa Shiota, was without a doubt, one of the most outstanding individuals. Maybe I wasn't as cunning and talented as my best friend Karma Akabane, not as diplomatic as my close friend Rio Nakamura, nor has as much in-depth knowledge as Itona Horibe or Manami Okuda, but if asked who has the most potential to become an assassin? Me, Nagisa Shiota, the Blue Viper of Class 3-E.

It seemed to me that the bloodlust had always been a part of my instincts, both the skill of controlling murderous intent or the calm look when performing assassinations, I easily grasped even though I hadn't never practiced.

However, until I died, I still couldn't believe that the poisonous snake inside me, the powerful talents I had, were the main reason that many evil organizations wanted to have me work for them and do their dirty jobs, and they also brought disaster to us, Class 3-E.

On that fateful day, human corpses were piled as high as mountains, and blood was like a large river that continuously flowed, covering a large area. The air was filled with a foul smell, there was not a single ray of light around, it would not be an exaggeration to say it was hell on earth.

"Everyone, get out of here, quickly!!"

Anxiously tightening the walkie-talkie in his hand, Isogai-kun shouted loudly ordering us. The sound was not small at all, but echoed intermittently in the limited space of the house, making the atmosphere even more tense.

Me and Karma frowned and looked straight at the situation in front of us, our teeth clenched in anger. Why did this happen to us?

We, the members of the old Class 3-E, now an organization, were standing scattered around the house - which was also the place where we personally destroyed the so-called experiments on the human body. However, due to one small mistake in a mission, the enemy had somehow found us and our base. Many classmates of mine were killed due to the ambush of the enemy. 

Maehara-kun laughed a few times in desperation.

"Ha... How can I run like this..."

The enemy was still there, eyes shining like red rubies, shining brightly facing them, smirking like some evil hunters, no different from when a hunter was enjoying the scared look of its prey.

One step, then two steps, no one dared to destroy this balanced situation.

However, whatever happened would happen, as the enemy had found us...

BANG!

Suddenly, thanks to a random sound, I was brought back to reality... The really cruel reality as I was remembering what happened that day.

In a nearly rotten wooden house on a deserted hill behind Kununigaoka school, there was me, the certain blue-haired teenager, now sitting motionless like a puppet on a small cliff. My eyes now looked like dead-fish eyes, uncertain, without any emotion, looking dead straight into the distance.

It was unclear how long I had been sitting there, just that both sides of those small shoulders were covered with the first snowflakes of the season. The cold air causes all the animals here to hide, some hibernate, some just wait in boredom, hoping this winter will pass quickly.

Three years have passed since that damn dreadful day, when I dragged my broken body back to the base of our class, like a madman, I kept crying in despair. My hands were covered in blood and sand, my voice had long been hoarse, and my psychological defense seemed to be broken into pieces.

It wasn't until four or five days later that I managed to regain my composure and buried my friends, whom I truly called my family, by myself. I did it all without any tools, no matter how rudimentary, with only my broken hands and a numb body, before lovingly sending them off one by one.

Over the years, I had always lived in the obsession of the past. In the first early stages, I seemed to have a mental illness, and after a while, I turned myself into a freaking lunatic and tortured myself. However, the psychological tension that had been tight for more than a year had to break. After that, I started trying to pretend to live and exist day by day, like a ragged and dirty doll, emotionless and rigid. However, it just only made my life even harder, more miserable, and more painful.

Most of my time was spent not eating, drinking, and even less having fun, but just sitting absent-mindedly on the familiar cliff of the past, constantly looking somewhere far away. And this time, I sat at once for a whole week on that cliff, without even noticing the change of sky, as if my soul no longer existed in my now-exhausted body.

There was a biting cold wind and gentle snowflakes, but unintentionally took away the warmth from my body. Little by little, the tired body of mine was already exhausted of that vitality, and it was time to reach its final limit.

Then the only thing I felt was a small wind that blew me to the ground. These moments were passing extremely slowly and I saw my life passing before my eyes. You know what they always say in movies, series or books, the old cliché, although in these moments it is not so funny because I know it.

This means that my death was near, and after receiving the impact, my eyes were blurry. The only thing I heard was the sound of cold winter wind on the top of the mountain. At this moment, through my head went several thoughts and regrets. But what I regretted the most was leaving my teachers behind and not being able to save my friends, my old classmates, whom I considered as my family, on that day.

Karasuma-sensei, I'm sorry.

Irina-sensei, I'm sorry.

Karma, I'm sorry.

My old classmates, I'm sorry.

Koro-sensei, I'm sorry.

Everyone, I'm sorry.

I love them, I miss them, and I'm sorry that I couldn't tell them all to their faces. However, all I could only think about was that Karasuma-sensei and Irina-sensei could move on without me, and the fact that I was going to reunite with my old friends waiting for me in heaven.

That mountain was once our classroom, once our home, and also our burial place...

The glimmering sunlight of dawn shines down on the world, another spring has come, but no one in Class 3-E now exists in this world.

With this last thought, everything now went dark, allowing me to understand that I, Nagisa Shiota, is now dead, and forever unable to wake up again.