Part one- First Symptoms.

Today was like any other day for Jäger, they would all go through training, fake trials with fake enemies, go out to the shooting range, rinse and repeat. Sure getting an actual terrorist situation wasn't as rare as you thought, but the days nothing happened were always boring nonetheless. There wasn't much to do on offdays, most operators just slept in or trained extra if they were truly that bored. However, Jäger enjoyed his off days and would most of the time be able to find a way to combat the everlasting boredom everyone else would face. He would take the time to work on projects or watch documentaries on his favorite topics. Today, however, was different for him. For once, he had no idea what to do. His projects were finished, and at the moment he had no ideas. Even the documentary channels he binge watches had no new content at the moment. So, even though he dreaded it, he decided he would practice extra in the shooting range for a few, despite not enjoying it as much as others might.

With a huff, Jäger would sit up out of bed after Contemplating to himself for about an hour maybe, he didn't know himself. He wasn't one to be very keen on knowing or keeping an eye on time, unless if it was something he deeply cared about, of course. He stood up, looking at the empty bed above him. Him and some other operators lived In some kind of facility together, you could say it was kind of like a college with lots of dorms, but with rooms for plans on how to deal with upcoming terrorists or rooms where you were taught how to use specific equipment. You didn't have to stay there, but most operators enjoyed it more rather than staying in a smaller building that had little to no room for such equipment, and you would be on time better than if you lived in a building further away from the facility.

Seeing the empty bed above his own, he just rolled his eyes. Bandit was normally the first to get up, so it wasn't anything new to him. He would just get some fresh clothes out of his drawer before making his way to the bathroom to clean himself up. He cringed at the mess on the floor, puddles of water plaguing the tiles below him. Bandit was never a clean or neat guy, so he never understood how he got stuck with him as a roommate. "Urgh..he needs to learn how to clean up after himself-" He sighed, starting to clean up the water with a towel. Knowing now that bandit showered before him, he was ready to get little to no hot water. Despite this, he would still start up the water, undressing quickly so he could still use whatever warm water was left.

After what jäger would call a terribly cold shower, he would dry himself off and start to get dressed, putting on his favorite greenish-teal hoodie and his lightly colored jeans. Once he got to the sink he wouldn't spend time seeing himself in the mirror, instead just going right for the toothbrush and toothpaste. With how clean he was at the moment, he wouldn't dare to bother with the dry toothpaste from bandit messily missing his own toothbrush. After he was finished brushing his own teeth, he would rinse his mouth out with mouthwash, and putting his toothbrush far away from bandit's. He dealt with bandit mistaking his toothbrush for his own before, and he didn't want to end up buying another for himself again out of disgust. He'd finish up some things before stepping out of the bathroom, going for his gear which him and bandit would keep in a closet. He'd get his gear on piece by piece, the last thing to put on being his mask and helmet. Unlike others, jäger preferred his gear over just wearing something more comfortable, his face being able to stay hidden, and being ready for anything if a sudden attack would happen someplace.

He couldn't wait to see what was being made for breakfast, stepping out of his room and seeing a familiar teammate cooking up something in the main kitchen. It was Elias, cooking up bacon, scrambled eggs, and toast. It smelled and looked wonderful. Monika was there as well, sitting on a stool at the bar table. It was rare to ever see the two apart, so he wasn't surprised. He took a seat at the bar right next to Monika, watching as Elias continued cooking. "You guys are certainly up early today." Jäger would joke with a chuckle, leading to a laugh from Monika and Elias. "Well, I figured I would make breakfast for everyone this time, Monika was already up before me, which was a shocker to me too." Elias replied cheerfully, putting some eggs on a plate, followed by some bacon and buttered toast before turning around and sliding it over to Monika. "I guess my excuse is I finally fell asleep at a perfect time. After yesterday's mission I was out like a light the second we got back." Monika joked, taking a bite of the bacon on her plate, it was perfectly crispy, just the way she liked it. As Elias would prepare Monika a drink, he spoke to jäger. "What about you Marius? Want anything to eat?" Which lead to a quick nod by Jäger. "Yes please, make the eggs sunny side up please." He would ask politely, leading to a nod from Elias. After placing a mug of coffee near Monika's plate, he would start to cook up Jäger's plate. "So, Marius, got anything planned for today? I mean it is an off day, and I know how you are with planning things to do." Monika would chuckle, finishing her piece of bacon. "Well, surprisingly, no. I was just thinking of heading out to the shooting range after I'm done here. But, not entirely sure." Jäger responded with a shrug, looking at Monika. "Alright, I saw Dominic heading over there about an hour ago, so you should have company." She would inform Jäger, leading to a nod from him.

After finishing his delicious breakfast from Elias, he would get off the stool and wave bye to the both of them, then making his way to the shooting range. He would see other operators as he was on his was there, some enjoying tv or having a chat with others. Some even checking in with doc. Once he walked into the shooting range and grabbed his weapon he would aim at the target in front of him, not paying attention to bandit yet. Right as he was about to shoot he suddenly felt a hand on his shoulder, leading him to quickly dropping his gun and looking at whoever had touched his shoulder, seeing as it was bandit he'd calm down a bit, but for some reason he was..shirtless? I mean it was kind of hot outside, but shirtless?? He'd push him back while covering the visor of his helmet. He was glad his face was covered, as he was an embarrassing blushy mess right now. "B-Bandit what the hell?? Why are you shirtless??" He exclaimed, still not daring to look at him. "What? It gets hot out here when you've been here for an hour or so! I should be asking you why you're in full gear everyday!" Bandit would speak while poking Jäger's chest. He had a point, wearing full gear would be ten times worse in the heat, let alone odd, but he didn't want to explain for the hundredth time to him. "T-That doesn't matter! Go and put a shirt or something on before you talk to me!!" He would reply back, using a hand to move the finger off of himself. Bandit would just roll his eyes, turning away "fine, if you wanna be like that then I will-" he sighed, starting to walk away to grab his shirt. After bandit had left, Jäger would move his hand off his visor, taking a deep breath. "Jesus- sometimes I just don't understand why he-" He'd get cut off by the sudden gut wrenching feeling in his stomach, slapping a hand over his facemask as he felt himself get lightheaded. He wasn't going to wait for bandit to come back, so he rushed away to get to the shower room.

'Did I really get sick over the eggs? No..it can't be that-' he would think to himself, running past several operators in the hall, desperately trying to get to the shower room before he would have a gross accident on the carpet floor. To his surprise, he would make it, pulling up his mask and vomiting in one of the shower stalls. He chose this over a bathroom as it was the closest, and cleanup was a bit easier as he could just wash it all away, rather than clean up vomit he would miss. He shut his eyes as he let it all out, only opening them when he was done. He saw..blood? No, that couldn't be right, he was healthy- he would notice something odd in the pile of blood, small..pink hearts? He would pick it up, it looked like a leaf and felt like a flower petal. He never saw anything like this, and stumbled back nervously, quickly turning on the shower so it would wash away the blood and petals. He ran to one of the sinks that had a mirror above it, taking off his helmet and mask to look at himself in the mirror. He looked sickly, and smeared blood stained around his mouth from wiping it. "W-What the fuck is happening? I-I need to get doc-" he spoke to himself nervously, putting his headgear and mask back on before shutting off the shower once it cleaned up everything. After he made sure it was gone he sprinted out, heading to doc's office.