iii ) lemon sherbet residue

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

CHAPTER THREE.
lemon sherbet residue

Songs referenced in CHAPTER THREE

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

Be My Angel - Mazzy Star

Word Count: 2,409

NOVA'S EYES HAD already drooped and sleep had begun to pull her in before Harry woke up. He jolted up and his eyes darted around the room to try and find the dementors again. He didn't find anything because they'd gone a while ago.

Her Dad had waved his magic wand and made them go away. Well, it was a bit more complicated then that, but Nova was far too tired and far too uninterested to recount the steps he'd taken to make the dementor go away.

They only had an hour left of the train journey. 

One hour until she would get her claw marks looked at by Madam Pomfrey before falling asleep. She liked Madam Pomfrey; she'd set Nova up her own room in the Medical Wing for the full moons and she always slipped lemon sherbets into Nova's pockets without her noticing.

She was snapped out of her thoughts by Remus lightly tapping her on the non-hurt arm. Nova looked up at him and watched as he snapped a piece of chocolate off for her.
"We're almost there." he muttered.
Nova took the chocolate, nodded and took a bite. She folded her legs beneath her, resting her head against the condensation-filled window and sighed. 

Not long left.

Harry sat down on the seat next to Nova and held his head in his hands. Sweat slicked his face and his skin was still white with terror.

"Are you sure you're okay, Harry?" Hermione asked, watching him anxiously.
"I don't get it... What happened?" he said, wiping sweat from his brow.
"Well... that thing - the dementor - stood there and looked around... I mean, I think it did, I couldn't see its face... and you... you..." Neville stumbled out.
"I thought you were having a fit or something." Ron said, still nervously glancing around in case it came back. "You went sort of rigid and fell out of your seat and started twitching.."

The re-telling of the story happened for the majority of the remaining journey. Not that Nova knew; she'd zoned out after her Dad had left.

Harry helped her off the train almost an hour later. The supposed painkilling pumpkin juice along with the two actual painkillers she'd taken earlier had long worn off leaving her in pain. Her arm felt like it was being weighed down with stones. She knew it wasn't though. She had watched Remus yank them out earlier.