Locket

"I don't get it?"
"What do you mean you don't get it?"
"You get to go off and act like a superhero while me and Steve are forced to stay back here"
"We've been over this yn, there is nothing I can do about it, ok, I'm sorry"
"Sorry isn't good enough though is it. You could die you know, then what? You know I can't live without you"
"Yn-"
"Bucky, I know this has been your dream for years... but, if you must go... just be careful and return home... please."
"Yn, of course I'll return home, trust me, I know what I'm doing. Anyway, isn't it time to go collect Rogers?"
Right, in this whole predicament I'd forgotten all about collecting Rogers for this tech con thing Bucky is taking us to later. Apparently he managed to get him and Steve a date so that sounds insanely boring.
I don't want to be burden on them so I plan to just sneak off down to the movie theatre, I heard there showing Dracula so that'll at least be fun.
As I'm leaving to grab my shoes, I notice the picture on my bedside table is missing. Like gone gone. I panic and begin throwing things around the room. I can't loose this photo. It's the one thing I have left from mum and dad. As I begin searching under the pile of blankets stacked by the wardrobe I notice that my bag is also missing. I can feel tears swell in my eyes as I continue searching, I just couldn't find it. It didn't make sense. I look up at the clock on the side of my wall and notice the time. I quickly finish putting my other shoe on in hopes my stuff will reappear later on. As I'm heading down the stairs I hear Bucky sigh trying to hide his laughter.
"Missing something" Bucky says holding my bag in his hand.
"You could have said something you know."
I say back glad to know one item has been discovered.
"Well it's funny to watch you make a mess of your room to then regret it later when you have to then clean your room"
I snatched the bag out of Bucky's hand before heading to the door and opening it, and then slamming it in Bucky's face.
"Okay there was no need for that" Bucky says opening the door and rubbing his nose.
"Oh but it really was" I say now stood at the metal gate that separated the world from our house.
As we begin walking I notice a absence of something in Bucky. I don't know what but something about him felt off, different.
"You okay James?" I say hoping to get at least a valid response. He looks at me as he keeps on walking slowly quickening his pace and looking away again.
"Buck, please..." as I say this I notice tears now swelling in his eyes. He begins to reach into his pocket pulling out a small box. He stops in his tracks and hand me the box. I stand there looking at the box. Suddenly I hear Bucky say "Open it" in a soft yet nervous tone.
I open the box and notice a small heart shaped locket placed neatly inside. I carefully take the locket out of the box and open it. Inside the locket was a smaller version of the photo that had gone missing from my bedside table. It was a photo of our mum and dad 12 year old Bucky on the right infront of my dad with 10 year old me stood infront of my mum with. I smile as I look at Bucky, holding back the tears that were swelling in my eyes. Before I could say anything Bucky pulls me into a hug. I could feel his fast heartbeat through his sandy green army uniform. I began to cry, this was it... I may never, ever get a Bucky hug again. As this reality catches up to me I begin to cry more.
I feel Bucky rest his head on my shoulder as he began to cry. I could tell this was hard for him as much as it was hard for me.
We must have stayed in this position for at least 10 minutes until I feel Bucky slowly pull away. He slowly takes my hand and continues walking I lean into his side as we walk on. We arrive at the street we agreed to meet Steve on when we notice he is nowhere to be seen. We stand there silently, enjoying each others company when we here commotion coming from an alley and a voice that sounds an awful lot like Steve's. I look up at Bucky and notice another panicked look spread across his face. Without saying anything Bucky begins running towards the alley way letting go off his grip he he had on my hand. I stand there frozen in shock. After I see a guy run out from the alley I take this as my Que to go over and make sure Bucky was alright. As I approach I notice a broad smile plastered across his face. I look to his side and notice a scrawny Steve stood by him with an unamused look on his face.
"Fancy seeing you here Rogers" I say with a plastered smile across my face aswell.
"Haha you both are very funny. I had the situation under control" Steve replies continuing his unamused look on his face as we begin to walk to the convention.
"Anyway" I hear Bucky chime up as we approach the building "I got you a little something" Bucky pulls out another small box and hands it to Steve. Steve opens the box to find a small pocket watch. Steve carefully picks it up and opens it, inside was a photo of  the three of us from not too long ago. Steve looks up and gives Bucky a hug.
Once they release from the hug and look at Bucky. I pull out the small box from my bag and open it before carefully taking the locket out. I look back at Buck with a smile across my face. "I forgot to ask earlier... could you please help me put the locket on" I say he looks at me as a soft smile emerged on his face. He happily nods. I unclip the fastening and hand him the two ends before I move my hair out the way. I feel his warm hand on the back of my back as he struggles to get the fastening to go back together. "Why do they make these so small?" Bucky says with anger rising in his tone. I shrug my shoulders trying to hide my amusement when I feel a new pair of hands touch the back of my neck. They were warm like Bucky's but softer and more delicate. I feel the locket drop around my next as it had now successfully been clipped back together. I let go of my hair and notice the hands I'd felt were Steve's. Before I have time to thank him, I notice two girls come and approach us. I sigh realising they were the boys dates.

A/n: I hope you enjoyed the first chapter and sorry it was so short, the story will become more interesting!