2: Meet The Plastics

As the Hogwarts Express chugged to a stop at Hogsmeade Station, Harry Potter felt a flutter of nervous anticipation. Flanked by his newfound friends, Hermione and Ron, he eagerly joined the throngs of students making their way onto the platform.

Amidst the hustle and bustle, a grave voice cut through the crowd. 'Firs' years! Firs' years over here!'

'That's Hagrid' Ron explained by his side 'He's the Keeper of Keys and Grounds of Hogwarts and he's in charge of bringing the first years to the castle. He used to be the Care of Magical Creatures professor too, but you know, Malfoy happened.'

Harry hummed. He still couldn't believe a student had so much power over a public school, and much worse, that he was willing to use it for his convenience, but he had yet to meet Draco Malfoy.

Ron then waved at a red-haired girl who must have been his sister. She was by a carriage with three other people, two boys dressed in Gryffindor robes and one blonde Ravenclaw girl with a dreamy expression on her face. They were gestured eagerly for Ron and Hermione to join them, their smiles wide and welcoming. Ron's desire to go with them was evident, his eyes darting between his sister and Harry with uncertainty. But as Harry observed the scene unfolding before him, he couldn't shake the sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach.

The seven of them wouldn't probably fit in the carriage, that was obvious. Harry didn't want to deal with the awkwardness of being told by his new friends that they preferred to go with their real friends, so he took a step back, deciding to at least be the one who made the decision.

'Maybe I should go with Hagrid as well, seeing as I'm a new student and all…'

'Are you sure, Harry?' Hermione shot him a worried and knowing look 'The three of us can go look for another carriage otherwise. It's far more comfortable.'

'No worries, I'll see you later,' He shot them a forced smile and quickly moved amongst the students, trying to lose the Gryffindors in case they were looking at him pitifully.

Harry glanced around, spotting the first-year students gathering near Hagrid, ready to board the boats that would ferry them across the Black Lake to the castle. It seemed like the logical choice for a newcomer like him, unsure of where he belonged.

But before he could make his way to Hagrid, his attention was snagged by a commotion nearby. Draco Malfoy, whose name Harry had heard whispered in disdain on the train, was in the midst of a confrontation. He had just unceremoniously ousted some younger students from their carriage with an air of entitlement that made Harry's skin crawl.

Pansy Parkinson was by his side, just like she had been on the train: she hovered close to Draco, her movements almost clingy as she sought his approval. Her touch was overly familiar, her hand resting possessively on Draco's arm as she smirked at the kicked boys, relishing in their discomfort.

Blaise Zabini stood nearby, his expression a blend of indifference and amusement. His presence added to the air of superiority that surrounded Draco, his nonchalant demeanour a stark contrast to Pansy's eager subservience.

There were two other big Slytherin boys loomed in the background, their presence imposing yet inconspicuous. Despite not knowing who they were, their loyalty to Draco was evident to Harry in their silent compliance, adding to the aura of power that surrounded the group.

Malfoy told them something Harry couldn't hear because of the distance and then the other four started getting into the carriage obediently, making it clear to anyone who was looking what the power dynamic of their group was.

But it was only Malfoy who held Harry's attention, still out of the carriage, his gaze sweeping across the platform with a calculated intensity that sent a shiver down Harry's spine. And then, the blond was looking straight at him. And Harry found himself being unexpectedly captivated by the intensity of Malfoy's platinum gaze. He couldn't tear his eyes away.