Chapter II

Inside Downton Abbey

Servants Hall

Clara carried her semi-heavy suitcase down the stairs, her Reddish hair bounced slightly as she stepped onto the Solid, Wooden floor. She took in a few breaths before lifting her head up, noticing the other Servants coming and going to their destinations. Her Soft, Green eyes suddenly spotted a certain Blonde Maid: Anna. "Oh, Anna!" She called out, having Anna stop in her tracks, noticing her from the midst of the hall, "Oh, could you help me and find the Rooms? I've no clue on where to find them." Clara breathed out, dragging her Suitcase over towards Anna, who gave her a soft, reassuring smile. "Well, I won't be able to help you with the Rooms, but I can help you find Mrs. Hues, who should help you with your Room." She replied, tilting her head towards Mrs. Hues' office as she walked towards there. "Oh, Thank you so much, it's been such a hassle with Lady Aurora arriving and all." Clara thanked her as she carried her Suitcase towards Mrs. Hues office, following Anna not too far from where she originally was. Anna was just about to knock before someone's voice echoed through the Walls of Mrs. Hues' Office, "I'm certain that it's in your head, Mr. Barrow. After all, Lady Aurora was taken as a child, I'm sure far long before You came to Downton Abbey." Mrs. Hues' Voice echoed as Clara gasped silently, Mrs. Hues talking to Thomas about Aurora, what was he on to Aurora about? "I just believe I've seen her before, and not from a dream, but from my Past." Thomas' voice pitched in, the annoyance in his tone clear as Glass telling Clara that he had noticed her before. Clara was shocked, Aurora had always told her everything, so why had she not told her about a boy when she was stolen? Clara tried to not assume Aurora would lie to her, perhaps Aurora was merely asleep when this happened, or quite possibly asleep due to a Heavy tea she drank before then? Clara couldn't puzzle it all together as Anna opened the door, having Thomas and Mrs. Hues Pause their conversation.

"Am I interrupting Mrs. Hues?" Anna asked carefully, hoping to not make it seem as if her and Clara weren't eavesdropping. "Oh, no, I was just Leaving. Good day, Mrs. Hues." Thomas spoke softly as he bowed his head to Mrs Hues to take his leave, nudging Clara slightly out of the way. "Rude." Clara mumbled, softly rubbing her shoulder where Thomas had nudged her at. "Mrs. Hues, Clara was wondering where the rooms might be." Anna spoke to her, her voice calm as Clara walked over, blinking her eyes a little. "Well, of course, I'll take you to them right away." She replied as she stood up from her chair and walked towards the entrance, Clara soon followed after. Clara was being in awe at the building of the Downstairs Staff. Clara had only known the basement and Coldness, never had she known such comfort for Lower people such as herself. Mrs. Hues was chuckling to herself as she noticed Clara glance at everything, not noticing if she was to bump into anyone's way. "Keep up Child, I don't want to lose you after already having you here."

Clara kept up with Mrs. Hues afterwards, her hair bouncing up and down as she went down the hall of rooms, oblivious to the area and her surroundings. "Here is your room, we had it prepared for you once we got word that Lady Aurora would be arriving along with a Maid." Mrs. Hues explained as she opened a Wooden door in front of her, her keys making a high, jingling noise as Clara stared deeply at her new room. It wasn't much, as a Maid's room goes, but it was most definitely more than what she was used to. "Like it?" Mrs. Hues joked as she noticed Clara's mouth slightly gasped open. "I-I apologize, it's just-I have never been aquatinted in such good condition of a room before. I do apologize." Clara spoke for her behavior, blinking her eyes for a moment. "Do not fret, My child, it is fine. I do recommend you hurry and put away your stuff before Lady Aurora comes in here herself looking for you." Mrs. Hues chuckled a little as she walked out of the room, leaving Clara to herself. The girl then shook her head, blinking her eyes once more before heaving her suitcase towards her small but sleep-able bed.

"I do hope Her Ladyship is very nice, I would hate for her to not like me and Mrs. Patmore's cooking." A young girl spoke in a Cheery tone as Clara walked into the Sitting and Eating room for the Servants, noticing the brunette becoming rather escatic. "Don't trouble yourself Daisy, I'm sure even the Coldest of Men could love your cooking." William spoke up, his light pink-tinted lips turning to a Grin as he praised her, trying his best for her to notice him in a way. Daisy gave the Footman a smile before laying out the rest of the food onto their plates, not noticing Clara soon walking in. "Well, look who's here." Thomas slyly spoke up as he noticed Clara walk in, his eyes narrowed slightly. Clara tilted her head to the direction of his voice, noticing him having a White Ciragette in his mouth, lightly burned. "Of course I'm here, where else did you think I'd be?" Clara snapped at him, immediately not appreciating his tone. With hearing his discussion with Mrs. Hues, Clara is unsure of to trust this Footman.

"I'm sure Lady Aurora will appreciate anything You and Mrs. Patmore make for her, Daisy." Mr. Carson Sudennly spoke as he entered the room, having almost everyone stand up, except for Daisy and Clara, who were already standing. "I assume you've made yourself Comfortable in your new room, Clara, is it?" Mr. Carson asked Clara, his gaze the same as he glanced in her direction. "Indeed I have, it is much more comfortable than in my last Estate. I thank you for having it furnished just for me, Mr. Carson." Clara responded, flashing a small smile before taking a seat beside Anna, who was sewing silently. "No need to thank me Clara, you should thank your Lady for coming here in the Fir-"

Mr. Carson didn't finish as a bell started ringing, underneath it was labeled, 'Lady Aurora'. "Speak of the Devil." Thomas spoke up, putting out his ciragette as he glanced at the bell for a mere second. "She isn't a Devil, you'll see." Clara spat at Thomas as she rushed from her seat and rushed out of the Servants Hall. Although she was not too far away, she could hear both Thomas and Mr. Carson's voice. "Look, Mr. Carson. I just don't see why we must treat this Lady as if she is one."  "You must not disrespect her, I remember her when she was just an Invant. She is His Lordship's Daughter, whether you Agree or not." Clara couldn't think properly, especially with Thomas talking bad about her friend behind her Back. 'I hope he changes his Attitude before I force him to Change.'

Aurora was setting the Last Book onto her shelf as Clara came in, her hair bouncing as it usually did. "Is there anything you need, My Lady?" She asked her, slowly coming in the highly detailed room. "I need Advice, especially from you." Aurora spoke, still having her gaze onto her neatly put books, mostly on a book titled 'Pride and Prejudice'. "Oh? Well, how may I help you, My Lady?" She responded, walking over towards Aurora, following her gaze to the books as well. "Do you think I Belong here? Not just in this Lovely House, but also, with my Family. I have been debating silently to myself whether or not they are my real ones." She vented to her Maid, letting out a sigh afterward, more of Relief than of Anxiousness. "Well, if you want my Advice, I think you do Belong here, My Lady. I have never seen a Set of Parents that call you Yours and have you resemble them. Plus, this seems to fit your Aesthetic quite perfectly."

Aurora let out a few soft laughs before tilting her head towards Clara, "Thank you Clara, you may go now." She spoke calmly, though Clara could tell Aurora was merely on the Brink of Tears. "My Lady," Clara spoke for a moment, waiting for her Lady to respond, "Yes, Clara?" Aurora asked her Maid, trying to keep her voice calm and strong. "Have Faith, everything will turn out the way you desire it to be." And with that, Clara walked out the refurbished room.