Father's Day

Two years had passed since Pat and Pran got married. Their relationships with each other's parents had been improved a lot. At least Dissaya had invited Pat with Pran a few times to have a family dinner and Ming had not left the table when his wife had served food cooked by Pran. They hadn't interacted much unless it was out of courtesy.

PatPran had created their own world in their own apartment which they had brought just before their marriage. Pran had designed it by himself but they had failed to bring both of their parents to their house yet. The Jindapats and the Siridechawats had visited their place a couple of times but individually. However, Paa and Ink often visited them rather interrupted them when PatPran were spending some quality time together. Some things never changes and it is definitely one of those. The only addition to this chaos was Paa and Ink's daughter, three years old little Pink. She always visited PatPran with her parents but not even pat got annoyed by her visits even if she arrives when PatPran was about to break the bed or Pat was about break Pran's back. The way both the uncle and his neice get excited to meet each other it is hard to tell who was younger between Pat and Pink, however Paa says the former one and both Ink and Pran agree. Pran loved to see Pat and Pink together and he often wondered how would Pat would be with his child, their child although he won't say that aloud. He knew very well if he did that even by mistake Pat would jump on him to breed him right then, right there.

"Pat! Add some salt." Pran shouted.

"Yeah, yeah. Let me find it first, Prany." Pat replied, finding everything among the ingredients except salt.

"That is pepper not salt!"

"I too thought that."

"Pat, sim the flame. The butter will burn!"

"Wait a second, love."

"No no, not like that. You need to chopped the garlic more finely."

"Babe, if I try to chop them finer, there is a high possibility of chopping my fingures as well. It won't be good for both us, right? I know how much you love my fingures."

"Stop talking nonsense! Have you checked the muffins?"

"Pat! Pour it carefully. Don't spill the gravy on the table."

"Pat, don't take your eyes off the steaks."

"Pat! Don't touch it. The pot is hot."

"I can feel that." Pat gave a small smile to hide the burn on his finger.

Pran immediately got up from the chair and came to Pat. He took Pat's hand in his and examined it. "Don't hide it. I know you are in pain. You are not used do these stuffs. You should let me do it."

"How could I when you are unwell."

"Unwell my ass. You're overreacting."

"Are you even real, Prany? You have thrown up two times since morning. How can I let you cook for so many people?"

"I can cook some dishes, rest we could order."

"No way, Prany. Even the smell of raw meat made you puke. How could I let you cook in this condition? Apart from that, Madam Dissaya is coming for lunch at our house on mother's day. I can't serve her restaurant's food."

Pran smiled at that. He knew Pat was still afraid of his mother even after two years of their marriage. But he appreciates Pat's effort.

"You won't buy food. You won't let me cook. At least let me take care of your burnt finger." Pran took Pat's finger in his mouth to soothe his wound.

"Don't suck my finger like that, Nong Noo. You know what happens when you suck my fingers. Pran was taken aback.

"Shia Pat! Stop it!" Pran glared.