1

Onika maraj2:49 pmOrlando Fl

Onika maraj
2:49 pm
Orlando Fl

"I think you'll come to like it here onika. I promise things are better and different than before."

I laid my head on the window tuning my mother, brother, and father out. We were moving once again.

I wasn't fully sure why but I know my brother Hakeem knew. It was frustrating that I'm the oldest but have no clue about any important matters that go on in this family. 

We always pretend everything's okay that's how we made it so far as a family. Things that went on in the past were just mistakes. Things have gotten better.

We were now leaving the big gas station called WAWA. The scenery of Florida was nice. Big tall palm trees. Spray-painted graffiti walls that showed the city of Orlando.

It didn't miss not one piece of the city. From the ghetto to the east side.

We were now by the football stadium. People looking for or paying for parking. Others walking on foot just to reach the huge stadium.

Wearing silly and inappropriate costumes. I was in awe. Orlando was like a party city it was alive at the time but more awake at night.

I felt connected to this new place already. Rolling my window down. The air was humid but nothing about this place felt dull.

As everything started to disappear. We're no longer on the ghetto side of town. We were now on the east side of town.

After a couple of turns and long straight roads. We made it to our neighborhood. Lenox Hill has a bunch of nice houses.

Once we made it to ours I was drawn to it already. It was a light green two-story house. The house had a beautiful stone pattern. A big lawn with a nice small garden. I looked around to see how peaceful the neighborhood looked.

"Welp this will be the start of something new" my mother Carol smiled admiring the new house.

My dad and brother nodded in agreement. "The movers had placed and settled everything. So what's for dinner is the real assignment."

My dad chuckled at his unfunny joke. We're the perfect family. It was what everyone thought and what we pretended to believe.

—————-

————————

I sat in the mirror doing a once-over of what I had on. It was the first day of school. I'm a senior. I didn't have much to worry about since I was always top of my class.