Chapter One

October 9th, 1934

Taking my last sip of alcohol and turned around to see the next band playing and the beautiful sound of music filled my soul.

"You know what's great about music?" Paul asked.

"What?" I asked him, hoping for an answer.

"Everything that comes with it which makes it better." Paul said.

I nodded and looked back at the band that was playing jazz music.

You can feel the rhythm of the instruments playing, and the singer's energetic movements as he sings.

"You know what Ricardo this is what I see you doing except on the big stage." He exclaimed.

"Which I am already doing." I spoke.

"As Ricardo or as Rick?"

I scoffed. "It's not my fault that America has deep-rooted racial issues. Besides, who would listen to a Hispanic musician except for those of my own ethnicity?"

"Yeah I know but there are probably that might listen to them in-"

I cut Paul off.

"Yes in secret." I rolled my eyes and focused on the white singer who was singing and how he was swaying to the beat.

After he was done, everybody clapped including me as well and Paul patted me on the back.

"You are up next." He said.

I got up from the chair and grabbed my guitar then went on the stage.

"For our next show, we have Ricardo Varriano- Garcia -Dylan." The announcer said, probably confused on why there is a Hispanic man in bar that only say 'WHITES ONLY' but brushed it off and minded his business.

Varriano- Garcia is my mother's maiden name while my father's last name is Dylan but they decided to combine both of those last names together instead of only using my father's when they got married. 

There are occasions when I use just the surname 'Dylan,' but there are also times when I use all three of the family names, as they represent my heritage and will be carried on for generations to come.

Being born to an Italian mother and a Mexican father then having four brothers is not bad in good way that is all I am going to say.

As I play the guitar, the melody flows while I sing.

"Some day, when I'm awfully low

When the world is cold
I will feel a glow just thinking of you
And the way you look tonight.

Yes, you're lovely, with your smile so warm
And your cheeks so soft
There is nothing for me, but to love you
And the way you look tonight.

With each word, your tenderness grows
Tearing my fear apart
And that laugh wrinkles your nose
Touches my foolish heart.

Lovely, never, never change
Keep that breathless charm
Won't you please arrange it? 'Cause I love you
Just the way you look tonight.

And that laugh that wrinkles your nose
It touches my foolish heart.

Lovely, don't you ever change.
Keep that breathless charm
Won't you please arrange it? 'Cause I love you.
A-just the way you look tonight.

Mm-mm, mm-mm
Just the way you look tonight."

************

"That was great you know." Paul said.

"Yeah, I know but minus the scowls I received from some white people." I said as I put my guitar down next to me on the floor.

"Well that is how going to be."

"Of course I know that Paul and also what else you got in plan?"

"I will let you know."

"Alright."