𝟐𝟔. 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐀𝐂𝐇𝐄

Before y'all continue on with this chapter, I just wanted to say that I plan on rewriting this book once it is finished. The way this book was written was not how I planned it so I am gonna go back and change a few things.

Anyways, into the chapter...

𝐒𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐀𝐇 𝐌𝐂𝐂𝐎𝐘

It's been 2 weeks since the interrogation, and the killing of Aldamar and his men took place.

I was now on a plane back to Cali, and I couldn't be more excited. I missed everybody.

"Sariah, can I talk to you real quick?" I nodded as I stood up and followed Rosàlia to the backrooms of the plane.

"What's up? Everything alright?"

She shook her head, tears welling in her eyes. "No."

"What's wrong?"

"I don't know what to do," she sniffled. "I don't know if I want to keep it or get rid of it. I never asked for any of this."

I nodded as I pulled her close, stroking her hair. "I know, baby," I cooed. She cried into my neck, gripping my shoulders tightly, pulling me tighter against her.

My heart clenched hearing my best friend's sobs, my blood boiling as I started to remember the sick bastard who took her.

"I'm just scared."

"Scared of what, Rosália? Tell me."

She calmed down a bit, resting her head on my shoulder as I rocked us from side to side.

"I'm scared that if I keep the baby, he or she will turn out just like him, hell, maybe even look like him," she scoffed.

I nodded. "That's why if you keep the baby, you can teach them not to be like that. And if the baby comes out looking like Aldamar...," I paused. "I don't know what to say about that, but I understand if you don't want to keep the baby. But I think you should."

She nodded her head, soft sniffles being the only sound in the bathroom as I soothed her. I don't know everything she went through while being there, but I hope I can learn someday. I heard most of everything from the kids, now it's just Rosàlia.

"Let's go, yeah?"

"We hope you have enjoyed your flight, Ms. McCoy. Have a nice day."

I smiled and thanked the attendant, holding the metal railing as I descended the stairs.

There were three cars in front waiting for me and Rosália as we made our way down, our conversation from last night floating in my mind.

I've got to ask her today...

"Riah, you okay?"

I hummed as I looked across from me at Rosália, who was looking at me concerned.

I nodded as I went back to thinking. The shit is hurting my fucking head. I am anxious to get all the answers I need, but I don't want to trigger anything with her.