Eyes

I glimpse up at the bright moon as I bare my canine teeth and release a demanding howl from my throat. In my human form I run with the same speed and agility as my pack past our Territory border. Bending forward onto my hands and feet I feel a moist soil beneath my nails.
Over the years in power I've improved my physique to, if not more, of a shifted werewolf. And for that I chose my natural form.

Lifting my nose I smell how close we are to our destination. Everyone break into a circle around the boundary. Then full steam ahead, I speak with authority through our mind link while a smirk grows on my lips.

My beta presents itself beside me as I begin to run only on my feet. We slow as we sight the Willow Packs house, halting at the edge of the Forrest. Waiting in silence I feel my teeth extract from my gums, as my muscles tense eager for the fight. Eight howl's ring simultaneously from my front line wolf's, signalling the boundaries guards have been defeated.

Lights flicker in the house horizontal to myself, as my eyes glow with excitement. Placing my foot forward I curl my toes in the soft green grass as I lunge forward in unison with my pack from every angle of the crimson Forest.

For the moon, I roar in our mind link. This follows with two short and then one long howl from all members of my pack currently in battle with myself.

We barge through the white wooden panels of the house, meeting with three dozen human forms on the first floor. The house is just as big as ours, with at least 40 bed rooms alone, and an enormous living room.

Judging my the stance through the building, the Willows know who's won this fight. After slashes, bites, and whimpers, finally we search the house for survivors to strengthen our own pack, as well as the Alpha and Luna.

Twenty kneel before me and my warriors. Some of them simply avoided conflict or surrendered, some of them met their mate, others strong and powerful too good to resist, my packs eyes.

I kneel down in front of them rubbing hands in the green velvet beneath me, of the Willow clearing. "I trust my packs judgements, because they trust mine. They fought with me tonight with bravery, integrity, and by the number of you all with mercy as well." I preach standing up looking down onto the fallen. "If you have found your mate tonight stand up and claim them, for they have shown you mercy," I yell beckoning their honesty. "as have I." I trail off, as three women and one man arise walking into the my pack behind me. I continue.

"The rest of you will face a test, I'm sorry it is that way but it is the only way to insure loyalty. Simply look into my eyes and fate will decide." I finished walking the left side of the line. "rise, please" I order more than ask.

"Don't be afraid." I urge. Looking down to a pale girl with red hair. My eyes glow a bright green and hers widen showing me light innocence, the darkness to avenge her mate, who died tonight. This is so common; wonder why, my inner wolf tells me, but I quickly push her out of my head. My eyes retain from hers and I place my hand on her shoulder pushing her down to once again kneel. The next three fail as well, and now I am on my knee facing an angelic blonde boy looking to be only three or four years of age, with deep brown eyes. I look through them to see serenity and anguish, as he was here against his will, with someone else. My eyes reseed and I smile pleasantly at him. "Don't be afraid Lucas, my pack would love you as an addition." I inform with a warm smile. My eyes avert up quickly to see the girl he is her with. They stand hand in hand, the spitting image of each other. Rising only slightly to meet her gaze I am met with the same shade of brown. Her long dark eyelashes batter and I look through them and see kindness, and once again anguish.

"It seems for only eight years of age, you Miss Lara are quite mature, with a very nurturing heart," I sigh remembering when I was like her. Snapping that book close I continue, "please, with your brother, join that grey wolf behind me. No more harm will come to you as long as you stay on my side." I chime. Still in grasp of either they walk to my beta, as he bows his head, to allow them a reasonable height to climb up. When they do, they smile down at their distance from the ground.