Marrying a girl?

YEJI

"Honey" my mom gasped as my dad hit me. "You think you looked like a hero after what you did out there?" He yelled. I didn't look in his eyes. I really did disrespect everyone there and made a fool out of myself, but I don't regret it. I'll do anything to have the love of my life.

"And what is this that you're wearing? Change into your clothes" he is mad at me. I know I look better in this fit than in the gown. I walked to my room and sat at the edge of the bed. My mom sits next to me. "Yeji, you need to stop" she sighed.

"I just started mom. I've always admired her from afar. Today was the first time I ever tried to get her" I explain my point half-heartedly. She puts her hand on my shoulder. "Sweetie, sometimes, you need to realize that few things are just not meant for you" She kissed my forehead. "Come here, I'll treat that wound." She said.

What about the wound Ryujin is going to give me?

__________________________

The next day I checked my chest, looking at the wound, this didn't hurt much, imagining Ryujin with that man does. But like mom said, I cannot control anything that's going to happen. I really should let her go. I'm not ready to see her getting married to someone that's not me.

I really cannot do anything about it. I go down the stairs, and I'm reminded that the king wants to see me. I nod my head before walking on my way to his office. I'm scared, but I don't know what's going to happen. I take a deep breath before knocking on his door.

"Sit," he said. I take my seat opposite to him. "You've been friends with Ryujin all your life. What is this all about?" He asked. Ryujin and I grew up together, her dad loves me like his own daughter but he's the king after all. My dad would have done the same if Ryujin did something like this.

"I've always liked her," I said confidently, but I'm scared of what he's gonna say. "You should stop then. I don't want any obstacles in the way of her future." 

I nod my head, of course, he's gonna protect his daughter, he's her father after all. Whose dad would not want the best for his daughter, and for him, what's happening right now is best. 

"If I were to be a man, of course, Ryujin and I would get married, that's what has happened every time in our kingdom. But sadly I'm not a man. But why can't I still marry your daughter?" I try to question him, knowing the outcome would be bad.

"Are you listening to what you are saying? You must be out of your mind" he spoke. I can see anger consuming him. 

"I'm sorry if I offended you," I said. "Maintain your distance from my daughter if you can't act right" he spoke before dismissing me. I hung my head low, saddened that in reality, Ryujin doesn't like me either. What am I fighting for?

I would have gone to extends if Ryujin wanted me too. But it's all just one-sided and it makes no sense to fight for something I cannot have. I should just accept my fate and move on. 

_____________________________

I see everyone is busy in the preparation for the princess's marriage. My mansion is right next to hers. I mostly stay at her mansion because I'm close to the people who live there. There's this old staff and guards, in my mansion, dad changed everyone and it feels less like home.