making it up to me

CHAPTER 3

“Don’t talk to me!” I screamed as I got out of the car and ran into the house.

“Serena wait!” Kurt yelled, running after me. I started walking up the stairs to my room but he grabbed my arm. “Can we please talk about this?”

“Hmm, let me think about that. NO! NOW LET ME GO!”

“No Serena, not until we talk.”

“OKAY, LETS TALK. How could you do this to me Kurt?” I said trying to calm down, but how could I?

“Do what? I was protecting you.”

“From what? My first kiss?” as I said this he looked a bit shocked.

“You’ve never been kissed before? Are you serious?”

“Yes I have never been kissed before why do you sound so surprised?”

“Well, I don’t know.  Maybe because you’re a really beautiful girl and I thought guys would want to hook up with you all the time.”

“No, I don’t think so, I’m not beautiful and guys never like me.”

“I can’t believe we’re having this conversation. Every guy at the boardwalk was staring at you.”

“No they weren’t. Anyway this hasn’t got anything to do with why you punched Leon.” I said to him, shaking my head and sitting down on the stairs. “Why did you punch him Kurt?”

“Leon is bad news Serena, he rides a motorbike and people disappear around him. Some people even say he’s the reason that this town is the murder capital of the world.” He said sitting down next to me.

“Really? And that’s why you punched him. Are you sure there’s nothing you’re telling me?”

“Fine. He used to be my best friend before he started hanging out with that girl missy and her gang. That’s when he dropped out of school and started riding a motorbike and wearing heavy metal clothes. He stopped talking to me because I wouldn’t join the gang.”

“That’s no reason to punch him. I think that was a bit drastic, don’t you?”

“No, I don’t think so Serena, well maybe it was, but I didn’t want to see you with him, can you promise me you’ll never talk to him again?” he said looking me straight in the eyes.

I really wanted to see Leon again but I don’t want to lose Kurt. What was I going to do?

“I promise Kurt.”

“Good.”