1-1

Weiss had seen five name days when her memories started to return. As a little girl, it had been scary, seeing images of monsters and colorful warriors with outlandish weapons doing their best to protect humanity. Yet, sometimes one’s best was not enough, Weiss had fallen in her past life against mankind's enemies, separating her from her friends, lost to her. Gone was Remnant, and its four kingdoms that sat on the brink of extinction, barely able to defend themselves against Salem and her hordes of Grimm. 

That had caused her more than a few nightmares, and more trips to the maester than Weiss would’ve liked. It had caused her Mother in this life, Ceria Lannister formerly of House Velaryon, countless headaches, and as she had joked, some white hair. Two years had already passed since her memories had started returning, which was more than enough time for Weiss to adjust to life in this new world. Still, it was strange, being stuck in the body of a little girl. She was already dreading going through puberty, again. 

“Are you okay, Weiss?” Mother asked, munching on a piece of wild game as ladylike as possible. She looked a lot like Willow, her original Mother from Remnant, with hair so light that it looked like snow, and blue eyes so pure that it looked like they held the waters of the Sunset Sea in them. It was a bit weird, being given the same name as in her original life. “You still haven’t broken your fast.” 

“I’m fine, Mother.” Weiss said politely. She was seated at the high table of the Gold Keep’s dining hall beside her new Mother and Father. Dozens of her Father’s retainers, House Lantell, Houde Lannett, and House Lanny, just to name a few, sat at the lower tables, engrossed in whatever discussions occupied their thoughts as they broke their fast on fattened geese and blackened sausages with bread. Weiss’ new family, House Lannister of Lannisport, was insanely rich. It was a familiar feeling. Maintaining her aura, even at a young age, required plenty of food, and while the Lannisters could certainly afford it, Weiss also didn’t want to look like a glutton in front of their vassals. “I was simply waiting for you to finish.” 

Mother gave her a small smile, calling for a nearby servant to bring more bread, softened with water and flavored with cow fat. 

“You need to eat well, you’re a Lannister not a silent sister.” Father spoke up after a long gulp from his watered down wine. Lord Dramen of House Lannister by birth, his hair was as blonde as Yang’s, with a pointer nose and brick-like chin that was hidden by a neatly trimmed beard, and was nicer than Jacques, caring even at times. Admittedly, calling that a low bar was an insult to the concept of low bars, but it wasn’t wrong. He did care for her and her mother, and listened to them on occasion.

He was related to their overlord, Lord Tywin Lannister of Casterly Rock, the enormous castle that hung a shadow over Lannisport. They were the main branch of the family, with the Lannisters of Lannisport being a cadet branch that answered only to those of the Rock, and King Robert of course. Tywin Lannister was a king in all but name, having complete control over the Westerlands as Lord Paramount. 

“Of course Father.” Weiss bowed her head slightly. Westerosi culture was weird, foreign and misogynistic on a level even Atlas would find disturbing at times. Daughters and wives didn’t have the same rights and protections as their male counterparts. Still, being the daughter of a noble family afforded Weiss more privileges than a simple commoner. She grabbed a nearby knife, its handle gold and decorated with the head of a lion, and started cutting into a nearby loaf of softened bread. 

Scores of Lannister knights stood at attention along the walls, their shining armor complimented by their bright red cloaks. Father enjoyed showing off his household knights and sworn swords to any visitors that decided to attend court. With Lannisport being so close to Casterly Rock, many preferred to try and get the attention of Lord Tywin. Weiss never had the chance to speak to him directly, being the daughter of the Lannister cadet branch, but had the chance to see him occasionally. She’d heard quite a few family tales about the fearsome man’s reputation, and silently thanked the Gods she was not born under that man. She was unsure if she preferred fa-Jacques, or being under Tywin, if half the rumors were true about him.