Chapter 1 (Meeting Narrator)

It was cold that night, nothing unusual ever happened during this time of the year. It was nice, joyous and everyone was happy. Nothing ever went wrong until a certain night, in the midst of different eras, 9 children went missing. You probably realize this is just another old scary story, and if I do say so myself, it does seem like one, but sorry to burst your bubble but this is just a plain old story about mystery, love, and most of all, the end of the world.
Oh my, I must have jumped headfirst into this little interaction of ours, I must have forgotten to introduce myself. My name is Narrator (Hehe, he is very much British, it suits him ~ The Author) I am the heart and soul of this book you have found. I control everything in this book, and I am the ruler of all that may come. As the Narrator, my number one goal is to tell you everything I know through the perspective of my "boss", the author, I am her and she is me (he is me, I am him ~The Author) , though I like to think of her as some goddess or whatever, she will occasionally decide to pop in and say some things like she did just then. I kind of just say everything she thinks of, perhaps she thought of me and poof, I'm here, it's very amusing I might add. I think we're getting a little off track, you're not here to listen to me babble on and on about nonsense, you're here to hear the story of Detrimental. Why don't we just jump right in?
It all starts with 9 children, 1. Scott Smith, 2. Aiden Hallaway, 3. Cassidy Redding, 4. Majorie White, 5. Cooper Matthews, 6. Nina Fernendez, 7. Sophie Green, 8/9. Daisy and Paige Ride. Now these 9 different kids aren't necessarily bad or evil, but one of them may cause the end of the world. It all starts with this mind blowing, jaw dropping, thing about to say, so please reader, try not to freak out. There is a corporation that controls everything. I know what you're thinking, "He must be out of his mind" but I swear I'm not lying. It's a company called G.O.E co. or better known as Government of Everything Corporation. They're like the superior government, they are like God themselves, sadly the earth people despised the thought of not worshiping something or someone. Sorry religious people, but you're just worshiping the G.O.E. The G.O.E is controlled by one person, her name is Madame Mary, she is a 60's style looking women with a heart of pure darkness, she isn't a bad woman, she just wants what's best for the world and will stop at nothing to make sure the world is safe. Now Madame Mary is a very strict woman, she is strong and most importantly brash as a snake (Though not all snakes are mean, I happen to love them ~ The Author), oh shut up you, most snakes are deadly and spooky (Hey! You haven't even met one ~ The Author) I'm you stupid, (I'm not stupid and you can have your own opinion, now can you just continue your little talk about Madame Mary ~ The author). Yes, your highness, now back to Madame Mary, she isn't completely evil, has an impact on how this story is going to turn out. Though, she did happen to kidnap these 9 kids but it again, was for the safety of the universe.
Well, I think that's all the information we have so I hope you'll come back soon.

-Narrator + The Author