𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓷𝓮𝔁𝓽 𝓯𝓵𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽

I woke up to my mother's screams, she screamed "Diane get up, you are going to be late for your flight!" That's all that took me to get out of my bed, my flight departed at 7:30 a.m. and currently, it was 6:30. I only had an hour to pack my things and leave for college. My brother already packed his bags obviously since he is more responsible than me. I opened my suitcase and I looked at it blankly. I didn't know what to pack and this was the most important suitcase of my life. I'm leaving London for college for at least 4 months until Christmas break since I won't be coming for Thanksgiving. I started packing the most important stuff for me which was my pair of skates and my warm clothes. I know that America has Ice Skating rings so I can practice my skating while I'm there. It feels so weird going away for the most part, it feels like I'm drifting away from my family and my friends but that is what life is about. I love to explore but this exploring that I'm going to go through feels weird. I know that I will have my brother but it still feels *different.*

My mother barged into my room "Diane Jones have you seriously haven't packed yet?! It's 6:50! Here I'll help you" my mother said.

"I'm sorry Mom, it feels so... empty I'm not going to have you for at least a few years or until Christmas," I said while sitting down beside my suitcase.

"Ohh my sweet Diane, this is what life is about. I know you love me with all your heart but this is what life is about"

She started to help me pack my things. We finished at 7:00 and I started to get ready because at 7:15 I had to leave.  I went into my closet and found some warm clothes since it was cold outside and the breeze was very cold.

I had finished everything, and the ride to the airport was fun. I talked about everything with my mother, dad, and brother in the car. I loved my family and our small talk in the car. Finally, we got to the airport and I looked at my phone at 7:20. I looked at my twin brother panicked.

"JACKSON ITS 7:20" I shouted at him "WE'RE GOING TO BE LATE!" I felt like I was getting eaten by the inside.

My brother looked at me and said " DIANE! CALM DOWN!" he looked at me seriously.

We got to the entrance and did most of the thing but luck wasn't on our side. We started to look for our gate desperately and to our luck, it had just departed. I looked at my brother with a sad face.

"I guess we have to wait now for the next flight"

"I guess so" He responded