ωɦαƭ เƒ... ૨σאเε ɠ૨αყรσɳ ҡเℓℓε∂ ૨เ૮ҡเε?

(t/w: child death, child murder, Roxie literally drowns a baby, domestic abuse, rape, suicide)
(this is a very dark work of fiction, I'm not a psychopath I swear)

Roxie Grayson is a villain known as Bigtop Babe. In her Gotham days, she adopted several children, all the siblings of Batman's kids. She also killed her abusive husband, Basile, and abusive boyfriend, Reggie. At least, that's who she was in your universe. 

In this one, her only kill was her newborn son.

-

Roxie sat in her tent, staring blankly ahead. Her son cried in her arms. She made no move to shush him. Basile would come shut him up soon enough.

Basile. Her husband. Her rapist. The reason she had this godforsaken child in the first place.

She'd wanted to abort the baby. But Gilbert wouldn't let her. He said that if she miscarried, or even if the baby was stillborn, he'd shoot her himself.

She knew he wasn't bluffing.

So she suffered through twenty hours of labor to give birth to a little brat who would end up being abused by Basile or Gilbert. It was sick.

"Poor little thing," Roxie said softly, her voice hoarse from disuse. She hadn't spoken much since the birth. The little nurse Basile had called said something about "postpartum depression". But Roxie wasn't depressed. She was upset. Upset that she'd brought a child into the shitty life she was trying to escape from.

"You don't deserve this," she went on, stroking her son's little face. "Born into a cruel world. The son of a monster." The baby kept crying. Why wouldn't he stop crying? "It would be easy to get us both out of it." She looked over at the drawer where Basile kept his pistol.

She stood, carrying the baby over. She opened the drawer and looked at the sleek metal before closing it. She would have to shoot the baby first if she did that. She didn't think she could handle seeing his blood.

So, she filled a bucket of water. "It's for the dog," she'd explained to Jean-Luc Le Hercule, the strongman. Back in her tent, she set it on the ground and kneeled, holding her son close.

She didn't remember the rest. Only watching as the baby stopped struggling. He finally stopped crying.

Once the baby stopped struggling, Roxie stood. She walked back to the drawer where Basile's gun was hidden. She pulled it out and made sure it was loaded before emptying the magazine in her own head.