I HATE you (Partybeetle)

(ART IS BY ME!)

What a night.

Pest thought as he rubbed his temples as the blazing bright flashes kept harassing his eyesight. The jarring music caused his eardrums to beat out of his skull, he grumbled and put his hands over his ears, looking over at the yellow dancing figure who pulled him here.

Poob.

He gave a disgusted face at the impeccable amount of people in here. God it was making his head spin. He dragged himself out and into an empty room, shutting the door behind him.

He sighed in relief, the door slightly vibrated due to the loud music that he can still hear, But that didn't matter as pest walked into the dark room, the dust under his feet shuffling and flying in the air.

He leaned against the wall and let his gaurd down, pulling his hat over his face

Click!

"pezt???"

Pest had a look of horrifying realization as he heard poobs voice.

Great.

Oh god not THEM.

Pest immediately turned to Poob

"What?"

"Wat r u doing here!?!? Don't u wunt dessert??" He said smiling brightly and walking towards pest

"No I don't want it..."

"Why? I though u luved baking :[?"

"No not that. I just don't want to be here."

"Ohhh c'mon iz not dat bad!!"

Pest snapped,  he pushed Poob onto a wall and pinned him

"YES. YES IT IS THAT BAD. I HATE IT HERE!! AND I HATE THE FACT THAT YPU KEEP NAGGING ME. AND BEING ANNOYING. EVEN A HI FROM YOU CAUSES MY EARDRUMS TO EXPLODE!! WHY CANT YOU JUST LEARN TO ZIP IT?? WHY...why..."

He saw poobs hurt face.

He felt

Guilty.

He blinked and relaxed his muscles a bit, still pinning Poob.

God his face was so..so...UGLY. It's like pest could almost just..

Just..

"Pest??"

Pest kept pinning him, staring at poob his usual hard cold stare, but something was different...poob could see it, deep down in his bloody red eyes..a need..pest squinted his eyes before pulling back and turning away. Huffing.

He felt his face go warm and his stomach churn in embarrassment and excitement, and then, poob clung onto his hand.

Pest raised his eyebrows and turned to Poob, expecting a "wait!" Or something.

Instead he was met with a violent shove to the wall by Poob, and now they are the one pinning him

"!? Poob what in the-"

A knife suddenly forced him to shut up as Poob violently ripped it out, causing it to slightly graze his cheek, he could feel little droplets of blood run down his cheek, pest widened his eyes further, almost letting his jaw agape, this...this wasn't the usual Poob. Poob was nice and silly, loud and obnoxious sometimes sure, but they meant good.

So what happened now?

Pest felt panic brew, but he tried keeping his composure afloat, he gulped and frantically looked with his eyes, seeing the knife right next to his throat...it was his knife, pest couldn't help but chuckle.

"Really? My knife?"

"A knife nonetheless" Poob responded, in this eerily quiet tone despite the grin still being plastered on his face "and maybe it'll shut you up for good."

Pest almost jolted at the words, feeling a slight shiver crawl up his back.

He knew Poob was a little feisty, but never this feisty, pest felt a trickle of sweat go down his forehead

"I uhm....wha- what-???"

"Oh don't be foolish-!" He pressed the knife harder "you alwaysss insult me. Say you hate me. All because I'm "annoying" to you? Do you not know what fucking communication is? I'm just tryna make people feel better, and you're over here making your stupid grouchiest EVERYONES problem. You don't like seeing people happy. You dampen EVERY HAPPY OCCASION and for what? For feeling a little petty today? On top of that- You steal. You lie. You are evil and there's NO redemption for you.

He curled the tips of his mouth downward, giving a sinful snarl.

"And I hated you for it."

The words of Poob struck pest in his heart like an arrow. He felt that cold empty feeling of dread. The same one when his father used to insult him. Or when his older siblings used to belittle and laugh at him. That feeling of just wanting to curl up and cry.

But pest didn't. He put on an angry facade, and was about to spit something back, but the pressing of the knife kept him shut and taught him his place in this situation right now, he stared at Poob eyes.

Full of hatred. Frustration. And hurt.

He kept hurting Poob over. And over.

He knew this was going to happen.

But he could also see something in it, past the maniacal stare. There was another set of emotions pest could barely identify.

Was it love? Excitement? Disgust? Maybe all three?

He didn't know.

Poob drew his face nearer to pests, causing pest to feel a slight warmth. His lips quivered, his breath in the air, mixing with poob's as they set the knife away, giving pest's muscles the time to relax just a tiny bit.

Poob cupped pest's cheeks, causing him to give out a slight purr, the touch was nice.

"But I can't help but love you for it." Poob muttered out those words as he leaned in.

And kissed him.

Pest felt a heat rise within him, this. He's never ever kissed a guy, let alone anyone. His mandibles immediately pierced poobs cheeks, but they didn't seem to care. Only closing their eyes to enjoy this moment. Poobs lips were so tender and soft. Like marshmallows. He tasted like liquor and frosting. Pest wrapped his arms around Poob's neck and closed his eyes. Letting a tear or two trickle down his face.

He finally got his dessert. 

And he loved it.