Chapter 1: Sweet expression

It all started so suddenly that I really don't know what happened, I remember that I was leaving work, as a person who has just turned 25 I always thought that by that point in my life I would have everything resolved, I imagined myself with a big house, a car of the year and a salary that would be the envy of all my colleagues, but unfortunately for me nothing of what I dreamed of came true.
I led a decent but quite unsatisfied life, I always considered myself someone talented but in the end it didn't matter how hard I tried; I was not able to achieve my goals since most of the important positions were monopolized by the relatives of the senior bosses with whom I never bothered to talk and I could only aspire to work as their assistant.

With a growing resentment in my heart and frustration throughout my being, I decided like most other people to focus my free time on activities that would help me free myself from this growing discomfort. That was when I found what I consider saved me from tearing my hair out of anger: video games

In the games everything was fair, talent was important of course , but everything could be achieved with the right amount of effort, every time one increased the level one could see the reward of the time invested and it made the experience better and better, you could achieve the desired goal and there was no one to stop you, there was no nepotism, there were no barriers, everything was perfect.

With that interest in games growing within me, it was a matter of time before I ended up entering the Pokemon franchise , God you don't know how much I loved it, I considered the entire game itself a work of art, I remember seeing it on different social networks since people played competitively, I honestly never understood the appeal of treating your team as a statistic, with that IVS AND EVS thing, it made me silly to want to make teams and strategies, forgetting about the main attraction of the franchise, which is simply capturing whatever you have in front of you and getting the 6 Pokemon on your team to be crowned champions, it was a matter of simply ending up capturing almost all the Pokemon , choosing your 6 favorites, winning the league and feeling bad for having all that amount of Pokedolars and not have a way to transfer it to your bank account.

With that passion in my heart I dedicated a large part of my free time to playing Pokemon , I had it on my computer, I had it on my console and above all I really liked playing it with an emulator that I had installed on my cell phone, I remember that sometimes I walked as I leveled up my team to have blowout victories when I got to the league, sometimes I even liked being 10 levels above the starter of the next Gym Leader I knew I had to face, jeez! The feeling of victory over a leader who you know made you sweat in previous games was incredible.

My interest was so great that without realizing it, while walking down the street in front of the place where he works while cleaning an entire route with my newly completed Pokemon team, I could only hear a loud horn.

To quote Sirius Black: Quicker and easier than falling asleep.

That idea came to mind when I woke up, I won't lie, it's really terrifying, one second you're leaving your horrible job while trying not to spit out bile because you didn't save your game properly and the next you're in a bed in a strange room and You feel totally disoriented.

The first step was the most obvious; I had to get up, which almost made me vomit, it's totally dizzying when you go from standing up at about 5'11 tall to a measly 4'11, only to then realize that your new height is totally irrelevant when you don't even know where are you or what are you doing there.

I won't deny that the first thing I thought was that everything was a dream, but after examining the room I realized that I would never have this level of consciousness if I were asleep, the room itself was quite simple, there was a rather cheap bed in the at the back of the room, a window that seemed to face the outside, a rather rudimentary desk with a couple of books on it and a door that seemed somewhat worn.