Capítulo 6: Leyenda

It didn't take long for the laughter to turn into a grimace of surprise when a wild Ekans sprang out of the bushes in such a swift movement that neither Pidgey nor I could react and swallowed my new friend in one bite.

It's funny how in a single day, Pidgey, the most common Pokemon in the franchise, the one we all defeated when we started our adventure, was the Pokemon to open my eyes twice to this new reality.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It may have only been a few seconds, but for me it was like hours, seeing the Ekans swallowing my friend without me being able to do anything was an experience that I could not wish even on my worst enemy, the Ekans without taking much importance to my presence seemed focused on finishing swallowing the now deceased Pidgey, that for the consolation of the poor little bird it seems that he did not feel pain, I would like to think that Ekans' bite was fatal and because of Pidgey's speed and lack of resistance his death was immediate.

With a lot of shame for not even trying to hit that Pokemon that took the life of such an innocent soul as Pidgey's, I was only able to run as fast as I could back to Pewter City, although anger invaded me I can say that my sense of survival was stronger, there's nothing I could do for Pidgey if I let Ekans decide that little Pidgey wasn't enough food and notice me.

Without realizing it after running for a few minutes I was already at the entrance of Pewter City, inside me I felt a sea of emotions, I was upset with myself for being stupid enough to leave the city even when I was warned not to do it so effusively, I was sad for little Pidgey who made the mistake of crossing my path and somehow I felt empty Inside, I think a part of me felt resigned, as if deep down I knew that sooner or later something like this had to happen to me so that I could understand once and for all that things here are not a game.

The idea of treating this world like the previous one was engraved in my mind, with great caution, although there are beings as wonderful and intelligent as Pokemon, they are very similar to humans, each one is a different world, Pidgey was innocent and very animated, the Ekans who killed him was wild and only focused on getting his food, Gengar was malicious and seemed to enjoy taunting his opponent and Nidorino seemed like a warrior only focused on victory without even stopping to gloat after getting it.

With these thoughts and with the day coming to an end I decided to return to the orphanage and rest, the way back was heavy and quite lonely, but in the end I arrived without any setback, I decided to skip dinner and go straight to my room avoiding Mother Clarisse and the other orphans who looked at me with suspicion surprised that they were not victims of my apparent jokes today.

Already in my room, lying on my bed, tears were rolling down my cheeks, I didn't allow myself to cry until I was alone, the images of little Pidgey being devoured tormented me, but I can't let them stop me.

I decided that the best thing to do was to focus my thoughts on something else, so instead of planning my week-long itinerary before I got my license with time-killing activities I came to the decision to take advantage of it and learn something that might be useful.

I came to the conclusion that the best thing to do would be to spend some time at the Pokemon center, maybe I can convince the person in charge that I taught me the correct way to apply potions and some first aid, what happened with Pidgey was a wake-up call, maybe there was nothing I could do, but what if the situation was different? What if, instead of instant death, he had just been injured? Even if by a miracle Ekans had given up his attack, couldn't help him, and died worse, there's no guarantee that he would have made it to the Pokémon Center in time to be cured.