Twisted

"Ciao, tesoro. How are you doing?" Gabriella says.

"Ciao, Gabri. How are you?" Carina says with a bright smile.

"Nuh-uh. That smile is not good." Gabriella notices the bright smile of Carina's is her pretending-everything-is-good smile.

"Share your life with me, Gabri. Yous is much interesting than mine." Carina whines, "I wanna know how's thing between you and the sexy trauma surgeon going? Are you moving into with her?"

"No, cause her family was in an accident. Our plan to live together is on hold until her family is full-recovered."

Gabriella says and raises an eyebrow, "And now it's your turn. What's with the deflection, tesoro? Maya gets worse in bed?"

"No, sex is still good, but it's more like just sex." Carina rolls her eyes and leans against the headboard, breathing out.

"I don't know if it's because of me, Maya used to be more affectionate during sex. And now, I can't feel her affectionate but just releasing our desire."

"What do you mean you don't know if it's because of you?" Gabriella asks.

"When we made our deal of hooking up, we're kind of in a good place and she loves me. I can feel it's more than just sex for her. And I enjoyed it, Gabri. I love that she focus on what I need. But since she's running for captain, she's been going to work earlier and coming home a bit later, saying she wants to prepare for the day, improve her paperwork, and make sure everything's in order."

Carina sighs,

"When she talked about her day, her smile is less, replaced by more complain, blaming someone give the wrong call and which order is not the best option at that moment. The only thing remained constant is her care and love for the baby and me. She's always smiling when we talked about baby or asking about my day. She bought me a massage cream and gives me foot rubs every night, you know."

"But you're not happy with her when her mind is in work space." Gabriella says.

"Yes... I can't feel my adore for her and then sex is just sex." Carina breathes out.

"Even though just a moment ago I was amazed by her affection for the baby, feeling the desire to make her squirm under me, the next moment I found myself pulling away from her when she started talking about work."

"Well, her boss should be making a decision about the captain position soon. Just hang in there, girl." Gabri sighs, "If your sexy firefighter can't handle not being promoted, I'm only one phone call away."

"Thanks, Gabri." Carina takes a deep breath and switches to gossip mode, says cheerfully "Now, tell me the flower you got from your ex."

---

"I can't believe you don't have a dress for the ball. You've know about this for months." Maya sighs when Carina walks out of the closet with a plain one piece dress.

"Hey, I didn't know all of my dress is too fit to put on." Carina gives the blonde a knowing look, "Thanks to your baby girl."

"Don't say that! It's not her fault!" Maya turns and places her hands on Carina's belly, exclaiming "It's not your fault, either. I just...don't want to be late."

"Can we go home after Warren's awards ceremony?" Carina sighs and frowns slightly.

"I'm not in the mood of dancing or socializing. I just want to show my support for him. Besides, they're leaving as soon as the ceremony is over to catch their flight to the Catherine Fox Awards."