David high school PE imagine

"You didn't have to do that..." you smiled. He drowsily shook his head, grinning.

"No problem," he smirked.

Actually, it was a problem.
At least to you.

He'd taken a massive hit for you.
You were still wondering why the boys were attempting to play dodgeball with a basketball, for one. You were so close to being in the position he was, sprawled out on a cot, but he saved you.

"Does it still hurt?" You laid your hand on his.

"Meh," he murmured. "Not really." His swelling, bruised forehead said otherwise. [insert generic male name] had the best arm out of anyone in your PE class, so when that ball was flying toward you, you thought it'd be the end.

"Are you sure?" you softly cooed.

"Yeah yeah." His eyes sleepily wandered around the room, his drunken laugh making your heart flutter. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah," you nodded. "Just shaken up, haha."

"Right..."

Silence.

"Do you want me to leave?" He tilted his head up, smiling. "Or-"

"No no... Stay."

Forcing away a dopey giggle, you shifted on the small stool to make yourself more comfortable. You could tell your presence made him relax more, but he still winced like he was in terrible pain.

"Alrighty then!" You laughed at his dramatic swoon. "Not for long. Mrs. Applepencil is gonna make me leave."

"What's your next class?"

"Pre-calc...", you grimaced. "Honors." (I've taken clac, and all I can say is I'd go back in time and tell myself not to sign up for that class)

"Damn. Pretty and smart?" He chortled, his eyes weary. You both made eye contact for a split second- it almost seemed like he got lost in yours.

"Maybe that ball hit you harder than we thought." You tried laughing it off. He'd never say that to you if he was in his right mind. Right?

"Maybe."

Mhm.

"You know I'd do anything for you." he chuckled.

"Hm?"

He turned away from you... as if just realizing what he'd said.

"It's true-" he whispered. "I would."

"Oh... That's great to know."

Seriously? oH, tHaT's GrEaT tO kNoW!

Stupid.

"You really would?" you quirked.

"Of course. Who wouldn't? Y-You're amazing." He shook his head, still not looking you in the eye, like he was in a daze. The daze of your beauty. The daze of how happy you made him.

"You're amazing."

He made you smile, and you finally met his eyes again. You playfully tugged on his finger, him returning the favor by lightly kicking your foot.

"AH- I've been hit!"

"A soldier is down. I repeat a soldier is down!' He boasted in his deep commander voice, grinning like a kid.

"T-tell my husband I love h- bleh. And death."

He laughed at your antics. Maybe getting hit in the forehead with an extremely hard basketball wasn't so bad after all.