Love Shot #9: Start of a new beginning

Note: So this is Goodbye Part 2 - the background story of sorts for Ares Choi and Grace. Grace's POV

It's raining. Just like that day when I left his apartment four months ago. That time I was feeling depressed and maybe slightly frustrated with the situation I was in.

I walked away from the window and took a seat on the sofa I just bought last week. Laying down face first on the couch I replayed the events in my mind and found myself wondering what his reaction might have been... did he look for me? Did he feel sorry or did he just burn my letter and continued with his life?

I know he probably tried to search for me... because that's how he is and one of the reasons why I cut myself off his life permanently. Changing my address, phone number, resigning from my  job and only let a selected few know where I am or what I'm doing. 

I did all that to make sure that he would be able to live his life and allow him to do things he wanted for the longest time.

By now, you would think I would have already moved on after three months with no communication with Ares at all and yet here I am... thinking of him every free minute that I have alone.

I heard this new song on the radio and it was about a love unfulfilled... I cried at the words so familiar to my heart and sighed deeply. No use regretting anything now. I wanted him to be happy... and he will finally be.

I happened to see him on a TV show and he looks more handsome than he did last I saw him... I guess losing me did him good. It pains me to think about the truth but at least I know I made the right decision. 

Rolling over I sighed at my now familiar ceiling, this place I now call home is similarly designed after Ares' place. I can't help it though since I basically decorated his place. 

A deep sigh escaped my lips and I closed my eyes in self loathing... I must forget him soon...

The series I was watching finished soon showed the ending credits and I reached for the remote while my eyes were closed.  I froze when Ares' soft baritone speak something that I could not make heads or tails of... because I was too focused at how my heart sang just listening to his voice. Oh... so its the nightly news. 

I finally got the resolve to turn the tv off just as I heard him say that he has completed the  dream house he had been planning for a long time for his first love.

A lone tear fell on my cheek and I slowly wiped it after hearing the buzz signal of the TV that it's turning off. Ah I can imagine the shy smile on his face as he admitted that to the world... she is one lucky girl. Too bad she was not me. 

The doorbell rang and I lazily stood to check who it was. It was a Saturday and I was not expecting anyone.  

.

.

.

My brows creased as I opened the door to find a single letter with no return address... I looked left and right but saw no one so I picked up the letter and slowly closed the door. It doesn't seem to be a chain letter but I can't help wonder who would leave me a letter in a very pristine white envelope without any indicators as to who its from.

"Could this be a prank letter?" 

I stood next to the window sill as I opened the letter... carefully turning the paper and scanning for anything that might pop out: 

"My beloved Grace,

It's been four months since you left my side. I'm sure you are thinking that I celebrated as soon as you left and frankly I'm hurt. We have spent some time together and you should know I'm not that kind of guy.