Cannon Fodder Princess

However, the next moment, the woman's voice sounded tired and excited: "Are you awake?"

  Pei Qing quickly raised his eyes.

  Jiang Fei walked towards him with a meal tray in his hand, his face looked a little tired, and his eyes were as bright as stars.

  She is still... wearing white clothes.

  "I cooked some food for you," Jiang Fei put the plate on the table next to the bed, squinted and smiled, "I won't cook what I like today, I will cook what you like!"

  "You said this courgette was delicious."

  "And Luosu, you also took a few more bites."

  "The chicken soup I made has all the oil removed. It nourishes the body..."

  Pei Qing looked at the food in front of her, then looked at Jiang Fei, her fingers trembling slightly.

  It never occurred to him that she would notice what he liked to eat.

  "Eat quickly." Jiang Fei urged in a low voice, and thought of something else the next moment, "You must be weak, I will feed you."

  After saying that, he took out a bowl of chicken soup, took a spoon and put a spoonful of it to his lips.

  Pei Qing's hand moved slightly, but in the end he didn't lift it up and drank from her hand.

  During the meal, the two of them ate very quietly, but in perfect harmony.

  And the next few days were all like this.

  Jiang Fei would cook in person every day and deliver meals to Pei Qing, all of which were his favorite dishes.

  Even Pei Qing himself didn't know when she knew she liked these things, and even...he didn't remember that he liked them.

  But he forced her to eat things she didn't like.

  Pei Qing was protected by Qilin Gu, and her wounds healed very quickly. She could already eat by herself, but for some reason, she didn't want to speak, watching her feed him every day, craving for the momentary care.

  Only she had seen his ugly appearance.

  He also told him that he was not a monster.

  The wound on his knee was also gradually healing, and sometimes Pei Qing would look at his knee in a daze.

  He seemed to understand. At that time, Jiang Fei looked at the burns on the back of his hands, feeling both surprised and disappointed.

  The surprise was because of the recovery, but the disappointment was because...the two of them no longer had an excuse to be close.

  This day was the last day Pei Qing needed medicine for his knee injury.

  He sat quietly in the room and waited, but the only thing he waited for was a servant walking in with a lunch box.

  Pei Qing glanced behind the person.

  The servant whispered: "Miss Jiang said that she has something to do today and can't come here. She also wants you to eat and take medicine."

  Pei Qing said nothing, only waved his hand to let the servants go out.

  But while eating the meal alone, I always felt restless and uneasy. In the end, I only took two bites and put the bowl and chopsticks aside.

  It wasn't until evening that Jiang Fei finally appeared.

  Her face was very pale and she was extremely weak. She was standing at the door, but she was still smiling and asked him softly: "I heard that you didn't eat well today?"

  Pei Qing looked at her expression and felt a little nervous, but finally lowered her head and asked calmly: "What's wrong with you?"

  "Huh?" Jiang Fei asked, then walked up to him and said with a smile, "You are worried about me, right?"

  Pei Qing panicked: "...No."

  Jiang Fei bit his lip and said nothing more.

  But in the following days, Pei Qing's health improved, but Jiang Fei rarely appeared in front of him except when he returned home from the next court every day.

  Sometimes... even dinner is served in his room.

  Pei Qing even vaguely mentioned that he wanted to make up for the shortcoming of not being able to take her out to play last time, but Jiang Fei warmly refused.

  She said she had something going on recently.

  But what can happen to her who has been staying in the Imperial Preceptor's residence and rarely leaves the residence?

  One day, Pei Qing went to court very early and went back to his house without informing anyone.

  Jiang Fei was not in the room, not in the backyard, and not in the dining room.

  After questioning the servant, I found out that she was in the side courtyard where Li Duan was.

  Pei Qing's heart tightened. Could it be that Jiang Fei knew that he wanted to untie the unicorn Gu? Is she investigating secretly? Or... will he tell the emperor privately?

  He walked quickly towards the side courtyard, but he saw Jiang Fei walking out of the room. She was wearing white clothes, her face was so pale that it was almost transparent, and she was followed by Li Duan's young apprentice.

  The apprentice said something to Jiang Fei, and Jiang Fei nodded with a smile.

  But when he walked to the door, he tripped on the stone steps and Jiang Fei fell to the side weakly.

  The young apprentice quickly grabbed her hand and supported her.

  Jiang Fei turned around, smiled at him and said something.

  Very intimate.

  Pei Qing looked at the dazzling scene, feeling like a fire was burning in his chest. This fire came out of nowhere.

  He stepped forward and said in a low voice: "Princess."

  Jiang Fei quickly turned his head, and then his weak eyebrows lit up, and his voice jumped: "Pei Qing!"

  Pei Qing looked at her and her eyes reflected his figure, and she felt better: "Why are you here?"

  "I..." Jiang Fei paused, then walked up to him, his eyes sparkling, "By the way, I'll give you a surprise tomorrow!"

  Pei Qing looked at her, confused.

  Jiang Fei smiled: "I said tomorrow is tomorrow."

  That night, the two of them had dinner together in the main hall.

  Dinner was cooked in the dining room, and it was still...the same food Jiang Rongrong used to love.

  Jiang Fei could already eat with a normal expression, but when he swallowed, his eyebrows would still wrinkle slightly, which was very inconspicuous.

  Pei Qing looked at her, and for the first time... she felt that the food on the table was an eyesore, and wanted to have it removed.

  He didn't speak in the end.

  …

  The next day.

  Jiang Fei got up very early, put on makeup specially, took a rosewood box, and waited for Pei Qing to return home.

  During this period of time, while testing the poison with Li Duan, the only feeling I felt was...tired.

  It wasn't that she was tired because of the poison, after all, she was immune to all poisons, but that after taking the poison, she had to let Li Duan take her pulse and tell Li Duan her feelings in detail, which made her tired of talking.