God its so cold - Emily Fitch

I sighed and glanced at the girl who was sat outside on the bench staring into the distance whilst taking a drag of her cigarette

I sighed and glanced at the girl who was sat outside on the bench staring into the distance whilst taking a drag of her cigarette. I had seen her around a lot both at work and at school, she was so beautiful. Just everything about her was perfect. It hurts, falling for somebody who doesn't know who the hell you are. I don't think she'd ever be with me anyway.

I felt a tap on my shoulder snapping me from my thoughts. I turned and saw my manager. "Your shift is over, you can go" I nodded and went to clock out.

I saw another employee enter the room to clock out and it just so happened to be a friend of mine. "Hey y/n" she said to me.

"hey" I replied. she looked out of the window to the direction the pretty red head was always sat and let out a little laugh looking back at me. "you know just staring at her won't give you the chance to date her." I nodded in agreement. I turned into her direction to see tears streaming down her face. She looked so sad.

"I'll see you around y/n" my friend said to me and gave me a small hug. "see you around" i replied to her before she walked away. I walked outside of the cafe and leant against the wall pulling out a pack of cigarettes and putting one into my mouth and lighting it. I took a drag and blew the smoke out slowly.

I turned to look into her direction and just my luck she seemed to be looking straight back at me. I had gained the confidence to talk to her. I walked over to her and took a seat next to her.

"You okay?" i muttered looking over at her. she looked back at me with teary eyes but she quickly wiped the tears away.

"yeah" she mumbled. I knew it wasn't the truth but I couldn't exactly make her tell me what was wrong. I guess I could try asking.

"why are you crying.." i said softly.

She blew smoke out of her mouth and another tear rolled down her cheek which broke my heart. "recently a girl I sort of liked just cheated on me in front of everybody..she kissed another girl in front of me."

"it hurts huh?" I asked relating to how she was feeling and she nodded. I could help but notice her shivering, it was raining and she didn't have a jacket on. "are you cold?" and she nodded her head.

I pulled my jacket off and slowly wrapped it around her making her smile. "thank you.." she mumbled sweetly smiling at me. even though she was smiling she still looked so broken. I just wanted to cheer her up but I didn't know how to.

"Look I know that I don't know you but I know that you deserve way better than that girl, you don't deserve to be treated like that. Your so beautiful and sweet, you deserve to be treated right. So don't be too hard on yourself alright?" I reassured her.

"I think that's the sweetest thing anyone has ever said to me" she smiled softly looking at me, my phone dinged making me break the eye contact. I pulled it out of my pocket to see a message from my little sister asking when I was coming home. "I have to go, I'll see you around" i said standing up.

"wait um your jacket.." she said standing up and went to take it off but I stopped her. "it's okay. keep it"

"my names emily..will I see you again?" she asked. she really wanted to see me again?

"why? you fallen in love with me already?" I joked but she just looked away and her face was red. was she blushing?

"we go to the same school, and im always working at this cafe. im sure you'll see me again" I replied before walking away.

As I walked down the street I had the biggest smile on my face whilst being covered in rain. God it was so cold.