• HOME

10 years had passed by since Shubman came to India. The memories that were left behind 10 years ago felt like open wounds when the cold breeze hit Shubman's face. Making his soft, silky hair cover his forehead.

But here he was leaving the Indian airport. A sigh left Shubman's mouth as he sat in his cab. Shubman hated this place. The moment he stepped in India his heart ache allowing his past that was buried long ago to dig up making it more painful for the lad.

The cab stopped infront of the hospital. Shubman was here just for his dad. His dad was diagnosed with the last stage of cancer and deep down both Shubman and his dad knew that he won't survive.

Shubman's dad didn't wanted his efforts to fall down once he was gone. He didn't wanted the company he started for his dear wife to lose it's shine and fall apart afterall he promised her to never let it happen.

Shubman's dad's eyes light up when he saw Shubman getting in with a fade smile on his lips. His dad didn't expected him to come. He felt a deep relief in his heart. He smiled at his son, he knew he could trust his son with his company, he is gonna leave behind.

"How's your health dad?" Shubman's voice was barely audible. I mean isn't it obvious? He is meeting his dad after 10 years he missed him but he was to ashamed to talk to his dad. Shubman was filled with guilt seeing his dad lying on the hospital bed waiting for his death to take upon him.

"I can trust the company with you right?". Shubman's voice was trapped. He just nodded at his dad. One last look at his son before turning towards his window which had the view of a tree standing alone beside a beautiful lake. It looked peaceful but alas the tree was losing its leaves.

"Shubman you see that tree?" Shubman nodded looking at the window seeing the only tree that stood over there. "Last time there was a Strom. Rest of the trees were uprooted but this one stood still. Facing the Strom all by itself." Shubman looked at his dad confused but before he could speak his dad continued. "I don't think I have any more time. Even if I'm not there anymore. Stand still like that tree, I know me and your mom has raised a strong man."

Shubman felt his vision getting blurry and before he knew he found himself running. Running towards that tree. He wanted to scream, the pain was taking over him but he needs to stay strong right just like this tree.

It was night by the time Shubman reached his home. Clouds started to appear in the clear sky indicating that there's gonna be rainstorm anytime.

Shubman stood infront of his home. The once home which was filled with light and laughters was now dark sitting in silence. Shubman went inside the empty house only to meet with silence spread across his house. It felt like the house was eating him up. Whole house was renovated but few burn marks were set as it is. As if they were reminding Shubman about that day. The day more like an nightmare for him.

It was around 11am when Shubman heard soft sound of rain hitting the ground. The soft sound started to became insane. He wasn't someone who liked rain so instead he decided to check the details of his dad's company trying to understand it.

An hour passed by when he heard knocks on his door. Surprising the weather was going crazy who would it be at this time and in this weather.
Shubman went downstairs opening the main gate. At first he saw no one but a faint moan caught his attention. Shubman looked down to find a pale man lying down moaning in pain.

Shubman brought the short man inside his house. I know stupid to let a stranger get him but he wanted to help. Shubman laid the man on the sofa while he went inside to get some water and first aid kit for the stranger.

It took Shubman few minutes to find the first aid but when he was back in the hall the site infront of him surprised him. The boy who was in pain few minutes back was now shoving expensive items present in the hall into his clothes.

Shubman just stood there in silence watching the man steal his stuff. Whereas the man felt eyes digging his soul. He turned around to meet Shubman's eyes which were like lightsabers (manga readers do you get it?) stabbing his soul.

"I-im sorry for stealing please don't call the police. I will get out right away". The person was about to run away but was pulled back hitting Shubmans chest. "You need to pay". The stranger gulped knowing very well that he was going to jail. "What's your name?". "I-ishan".
Shubman smirked hearing the name of the boy underneath him.

"Work for me"