Chapter 13

Bryan's POV

"Mehn! The person that arranged that timetable wicked oo!" Peter complained. "Sha, me I'm failing Further Maths. For Physics, maybe I will get fifty something percent."

"Me I no go fail anyone oo. Further Maths was easy for me, Physics was okay too. But I agree, the combination was bad," Chinonye added.

"Bryan, what about you? Further Maths show you shege?" Peter asked.

"Neh! I'm gonna get ninety percent in both subjects," I said indifferently.

"Ah Ah! How come na?" Peter asked. "Bryan that used to get 60 something in every subject, Bryan that would have been complaining on how hard the exam was is na saying that he would get ninety percent."

"You no know sey he dey date Isabelle? You fi date that kine girl and still get mind fail?" Chinonye backed me up.

I laughed because it was true. I didn't have the guts to even think of failing, so I had to read. Scratch that, I had to study. Even when people complained about the Chemistry exam, I couldn't relate because it was easy for me.

"You know, she sent me like fifteen voice notes yesterday telling me to study. Then she called me and asked me if there's anything I didn't understand . She basically studied with me over a phone call till like 1 a.m." I thought back to the moment. "That girl is on fire!"

"Which girl is on fire?" Isabelle asked, suddenly appearing out of nowhere.

"No one. It's nothing," I ensured her.

She looked at me suspiciously. "Okay," She said in a slight chirpy tone.

 She looked around the classroom, students from the other class had started coming in, clustering around desks and talking - just like we were doing- waiting for revisions to start.

SS1 had two classes, A and B, each having thirty students that learnt both science and art subjects. During exams, all sixty students gather at my class,SS1B for revisions.

"Have you guys seen Danna?" Isabelle questioned after scrutinizing the classroom. 

"She didn't come for revisions yesterday," She continued. "I barely saw her today sef. When we collided earlier this morning, she just walked away and then I didn't see her again. Now, I can't find her." She paused. "I'm blabbering, I know. Chinonye, abi she is writing in your exam hall, did you see her after exams?"

"Yes!" Chinonye admitted." I think I saw her around the library. I'm not sure sha."

"Why are you looking for her?" I asked.

"I just wanted her to say for Technical Drawing and History revision." She sighed. "I'll try and look for her." With that, she hastily walked away.

"What a caring girlfriend!" Peter noted making me smile.

 I was really lucky to have a nice and thoughtful girl, in the person of Isabelle, all to myself. I am becoming a little possessive, I know!

"But come oo," Chinonye started. "How does she want to start looking for one human being in this big school?"

"How is this school big?" Peter countered. "Is it not just  U-shaped two-storey building?"

"Still..." Chinonye stayed on his point further.

I gave a playful hiss and attempted to change the topic. "Peter, where is Sharon na? I haven't seen you guys together today."

Peter sighed. "She is probably jumping around the hallways trying to encourage everyone to be joyful and glad."