Chapter 1

Lucy Chen is a 30 year old detective for the LAPD Mid-Wilshire division. She has a complicated romantic relationship history. She was living with her ex-boyfriend Mark. They ended horribly when Lucy walked in on him sleeping with her best friend, Kristy. Then she dated her friend John Nolan, a training officer for the LAPD Mid-Wilshire division. They knew it would never work and split up. They remained friends. Eventually she went out with a guy named Caleb, which ended up with her being buried alive. Soon after that she started seeing Emmet Lang, an LAFD firefighter. He broke up with her through a text message. After Emmet, she took a break from dating for a couple of years. Eventually she met Chris Sanford, an Assistant District Attorney. It was unclear at the time, but he was just a distraction from her feelings for someone else. She eventually broke up with him after Tim Bradford, a Sergeant for the LAPD Mid-Wilshire division, confessed his feelings. They soon became a couple and her relationship with Tim has been the best that she's been in. They have been together for 3 years, engaged for 1, and are 6 months pregnant. They plan on getting married after the baby is born.

Tim and Lucy had gotten ready and headed towards their gender reveal that Angela was in charge of planning. When they got there, they both agreed that it was the right choice to leave Angela with this responsibility.

Lucy's outfit

Lucy's outfit

Tim's outfit

•••
When the couple walked in, Angela ran over to her complimenting on how gorgeous she looked in her dress. Soon after Tim and Lucy arrived, so did everyone else.

••List of people at the gender reveal••
Angela+Wesley
Nyla+James
John+Bailey
Luna+Wade
Aaron
Celina
Tamara
Genny
•••

Everyone chatted and ate for a while before Tim and Lucy went to the front of everyone. They thanked Angela for the gender reveal and everyone started counting down. "5" "4" "3" "2" "1" "POP"

 "5" "4" "3" "2" "1" "POP"

"IT'S A BOY"

Lucy lunged into Tim's arms and kissed him. "We're gonna have a son Tim" "This is amazing Lu" A bunch of pictures were taken of their reactions and formal pictures post-reaction. Everyone had their chance to talk to and congratulate them.Though they never asked for any gifts, they still received some. Tim's favorite gift was the tickets to a dodgers game that Aaron had gotten them. Everyone knows that Lucy loves tea ceremonies, so Celina bought her stuff for a tea nook in the kitchen, which of course was Lucy's favourite.

Lucy loves the days where she can just hangout and relax with her family. Over time the Mid-Wiltshire department has become the closest thing to family she had. She's just grateful to be able to call them that, but now she's starting a family of her own.

The later it got, the more tired Lucy became. Around 7pm, everyone started to leave. Once everyone was gone except Angela and Wesley, who were cleaning up from today, Lucy walked over and started helping them.

Angela- "Hey Lucy what are you doing?"

Lucy- "Helping you pick this up"

Angela- "No. Wes and I have this covered. Go home with Tim."

Lucy- "Okay. Thank you" she said as she gave her friend a hug.

The couple went home to a very happy and playful Kojo. Lucy had some thoughts recently about how perfect her life was. She has a great job, an amazing fiancé, a baby on the way, and a well-behaved dog. She's wondering when the other shoe is going to drop. How can someone's life be so perfect. Sure she has gone through horrible things before, but the past 3 years have been absolutely amazing.

Lucy stripped from her dress and got in the shower while Tim took their dog for a run. When he got back Lucy was on the couch picking out a movie for them to watch. He took a quick shower before going into the kitchen to make them popcorn. When he sat down they cuddled up and started watching the movie. He draped a blanket over his fiancé, who he knew was cold.

After the movie ended, Tim looked down to see Lucy sleeping against his chest

After the movie ended, Tim looked down to see Lucy sleeping against his chest. He put one arm under her knees and the other behind her back and carried her to bed. After he tucked her in, he stripped to his boxers and got into bed with her. He pulled her into him and fell asleep.

Should I do more chapters?