Chapter 2

The day after the baby shower both Tim and Lucy had work. It's been great that the last few months their shifts has been syncing. They had woken up and gotten ready for their shift.

Lucy was sure she was going to have a Bradford sized baby, being that she was on the bigger side for only being 6 months pregnant. Although she was slightly big, her blazers that she wore as a detective hid her bump pretty well, not that she was trying to hide it, but that's what happened when she wore them. Now that they were both out of patrol uniforms, they both had been getting ready at home.

 Now that they were both out of patrol uniforms, they both had been getting ready at home

Lucy and Tim walked hand in hand into the station

Lucy and Tim walked hand in hand into the station. They kissed and parted ways. Lucy went over to her desk, which is in between Lopez and Harper's. Lucy greeted her friends with a simple hug and "hello"

When Tim parted ways with his fiancé, he met metro in the roll call room to discuss a case. Soon after going over the case, Tim went out to kick some doors with metro.

Lucy's morning was going great. She and Lopez had closed 2 cases within the first 2 hours of their shift. Lucy was working on a case with both of her detective friends when she heard her name over the speakers.

"Detective Chen to the lobby please"

Lucy stood up and walked to the lobby. "and there it was" Lucy thought. The other shoe, as she seen her ex-boyfriend and ex-best fried waiting in the lobby. Maybe it was just a coincidence, so she went to Officer Jan, who was working the front desk.

Lucy- "You called me to the lobby?"

Jan- "Yes. There is a couple here that is requesting you."

Lucy paused for a minute before taking a deep breath and slowly walked up to Mark and Kristy. Tim was processing a fugitive who was hiding out in a house that they raided.

Lucy- "What are you guys doing here? Do you need help filing a police report?"

Kristy- "What? No. We are here to see you."

Lucy- "Why"

Mark- "We want to you to reconsider coming to our wedding."

Lucy- "You ambushed me at work."

Mark- "Well we don't know where you live." he sighed. "Wait that sounded weird. We couldn't find any of your information, but we knew you worked here because of the article about being buried alive. How was that by the way?"

Lucy- "What the hell."

Kristy- "That was stupid of him to say that. Look our families don't support us, but they love you. If you come, it'll be like you have forgiven us and don't care."

Lucy- "I walked into you sleeping with him when we were together and you expect me to just come to your wedding. It took me years and 4 relationships to meet someone worth my time. I was in the middle of a case. I have to get back to work."

Kristy- "Wait-" before she could say anything else, Lucy had already left and gone back to work.

The couple stayed in the lobby refusing to leave until they spoke with a supervisor. Tim had a bunch of paperwork to fill out and he ended up being called into the lobby as he is a supervisor.

Tim- "What's going on in here?"

Mark- "Are you a supervisor?"

Tim- "Yes. Sergeant Bradford. What's going on out here. You are being disorderly and it's disruptive to the people doing their jobs. I need you to leave."

Kristy- "Just give this to Lucy Chen"

Tim- "Fine now get out unless you have a real problem."

The couple leaves and Tim walks up to a lucy asking if she could go into his office for a minute to talk. Lucy sits down next to her fiancé on the couch. He hands him the envelope that he received from the loud couple in the lobby.

Lucy- "What's this?"

Tim- "I'm not sure. I was told to give it to you from the couple in the lobby."

Lucy- "Can't they just leave alone?"

Tim- "Who was is?"

Lucy- "You remember how I got invited to my ex-boyfriend's wedding?"

Tim- "The one that hooked up with your best friend?"

Lucy- "Bingo. Anyways I said no as you remember, but they asked me to reconsider because their families don't approve of them because he cheated on me with her and their families love me."

Tim- "I'm not gonna hold you back from going"

Lucy- "If I go you are going Mr. Bradford"

Tim- "You know I don't do weddings."

Lucy- "You do with me. There was Angela's, Nyla's and Nolan's wedding. The next was supposed to be ours, but if we go it won't be."

Tim- "Let me know what you want to do." he said as he kissed his fiancé.

Lucy had been contemplating all day whether or not they should go. She had made her final decision and Tim respected it. She made it very clear that she only wanted to go to see their families. She decided that on her day off, she'd go and find a dress

••••
It's Saturday August 29th and Lucy's day off. She tried on what felt like a million dresses, but she found one that was breathtaking, but wouldn't outdo the bride out of respect. Tim had tagged along so they could find him a tux as well.

Lucy was excited because she hadn't worn a dress since she has gotten pregnant

Lucy was excited because she hadn't worn a dress since she has gotten pregnant. The wedding wasn't for another 2 months and she knew she would be almost ready to pop by then. She sent back the RSVP as a "Yes" with a plus one.