Chapter Six: Eren's Return

By the time morning had finally arrived, Armin had awoken at his usual hour. The sun beams had just started shining through the window, creating a warm, soft glow throughout the room. Carefully, he sat up fully, stretching the sleep from his muscles as he groaned out softly, giving a loud yawn. He then moved to gently move Mikasa off of him, tucking her neatly into their bed while fluffing her pillows just how she liked. He then leaned forward and planted a gentle kiss on her cheek, whispering a gentle good morning to her while she still snoozed deeply. Armin then made his way across the room, dressing himself in a baggy shirt and some old pants he had packed, figuring that he would tend to the messier chores for the day.

Slowly, Armin moved to fix his bed head using the reflection on the window, before he opened the door to the bedroom and made his way out. Quickly though.. he was met with Hange, who stood in the doorway with a cold stare lingering on her face. Hange forced a smile on her lips, her eye twitching a bit as she leaned her posture over Armins slightly. She chuckled slightly, feeling her jaw clench.

"Quite the night you two had... eh?" She forced out between her teeth.

"Uhm..." Armin was caught off guard, feeling his entire face flush as he backed away from her slightly, shutting the door behind him to hopefully allow Mikasa to rest unbothered.

"W.. we just slept... like we always do..." He tried to brush it off, even though it was clear as day she had heard at least some of last night.

"Oh don't bullshit me!! I heard every little thing!! You forget how thin these walls are eh? Do you realize how much damage you could have caused?! Not only to me mentally but you forget that she's HEAVILY pregnant.. with a child that isn't yours might I add! Surely you can't be this stupid Arlert!!" Hange rambled aggressively, pointing to the door and motioning her words with her hands.

Armin felt his face drop at her sudden interrogation, groaning out in embarrassment as he continued to lean against the door of the bedroom. He moved to brush his hair out of his face, swallowing his embarrassment as best as he could.

"M.. Mikasa wanted it I assure you!! I didn't do anything she didn't feel comfortable doing!!" He finally spoke up.

"And furthermore!! I.. what? Mikasa started this?" Hange paused for a moment, staring at Armin in disbelief before she turned her head towards the closed door. She was surprised...knowing Mikasa, she knew how much that girl loved Eren. Hange might even argue to an unhealthy degree.

So to hear that Mikasa started it...at first Hange almost didn't believe Armin. But she also knew he was never one to lie. If it had been Jean standing there instead, she absolutely wouldn't have believed him. But...this was Armin. The realization hit Hange hard, as she slightly leaned back against the kitchen counter, crossing her arms.

"I sure hope you both realize how Eren is going to feel when he finds out..." She commented darkly.

"Yeah... I've already prepared for the ass beating I'm going to get.. but please... let's just save the lecture for another time.. this is all a lot on her... and if we bombard her with too much she's going to lose it... it's already hard enough with the baby..." Armin pleaded, attempting to keep his voice quiet as he listened to her, motioning his hands to silently gesture for her to quiet her tone.

"She's exhausted... and she just needs someone who will make her feel loved in such a hard time... it's hard enough to get words out of her... imagine how she'll be when you're bombarding her with your judgments." He added worriedly. Hange fell silent, pondering her thoughts.

It didn't take long for Mikasa to wake shortly after the two's discussion. She had wanted nothing more than to sleep in, but the baby's persistent, hard kicking had continued waking her every time she started to nod off again. With a defeated groan, Mikasa sat up and stretched, rubbing the sleep from her eyes as she groggily looked at the window, trying to piece together what time it might be. She looked down softly, recalling last night's activities as she felt some warmth reach her cheeks. Her mind was truthfully still a mess...but she found herself not regretting last night. As much as she felt like she should.