Chapter 4.

The drive was about as decent as any multiple hour drive usually was.

Alan remained silent for the most part, resting his head on the window and watching the dry landscape past by with every mile.

Phil glanced in his rear view mirror at Alan, glancing at Brooklyn as he set his hand on her leg before she glanced back at her peers, making eye contact with Doug as he looked at Alan with a worried expression.

"Hey, Alan, you hungry?" Phil asked, breaking the silence. "You wanna get some Arby's?"

The car grew silent again as everyone waited for Alan to answer, expecting him to say yes but instead answering with the complete opposite. "No, thanks."

Despite not having the kindest feelings towards Alan, Brooklyn tried to keep Alan talking. "Hey, Alan, where'd you get that vest from? Looks great on you," She complimented, even though she secretly couldn't give a single fuck about Alan's style.

"Yeah, I meant to tell you earlier, that's a really cool vest you've got on," Phil agreed, gently rubbing his thumb on the outside of Brooklyn's knee a few times as if to say 'thank you for being nice'.

"Thanks, guys. It was my dad's. He died in it," Alan thanked, before ruining the conversation.

"Whoa. That's intense," Stu spoke, unsure of how to take the information Alan just sprouted on them.

"Hey, Alan," Doug spoke up from the back, leaning slightly forward. "Just want to say what you're doing is really brave," He said, but Alan remained still in his seat. "We're proud of you."

"Yeah, you're gonna do great," Stu added. Brooklyn couldn't help but say to herself in her head 'So happy I won't have to see you again for a long time'. (I'm sorry I'm so mean 😂😅 it's just so easy to insult someone so stupid).

Alan then lifted his head from the window, scooting closer towards the front of the car so Phil could hear him. "Stop the car, I don't wanna do this anymore."

"What?" Phil questioned, keeping his eyes on the road as Brooklyn slightly turned her head towards the back.

"I changed my mind," Alan said.

"Alan, you can't change your mind. Everybody's counting on you," Stu defended, turning towards Alan to face him.

"I-I'm fine the way I am. I wanna go home," Alan stuttered, as if he was about to break down into a tantrum.

And before anyone could process anything, Alan reached over the console into the front seats and put his hands on the wheel. "Turn the car around! Now, please! I don't—."

The rational thinking members of the group tried to get Alan to sit back down before he caused a serious accident, but they didn't get far before the vehicle behind them crashed into the back of the van, making them lunge forward.

"What the fuck was that?" Phil asked to anyone willing to answer, looking over his left shoulder as everyone else did the same.

The truck behind them then purposely rammed into the van again, only pissing Phil and Brooklyn off more that someone hit their car. "Oh, my god! He's doing it on purpose!" Stu exclaimed.

"Jesus, get out of his way," Both Doug and Brooklyn said at the same time, seeing the other side of the road was clear.

"I am, I am," Phil reassured as he changed lanes, letting the truck pass them, but it didn't.

The truck then came up beside the group, which only made Phil more mad as he laid his hand down on the horn. "Hey, get the fuck off!" He shouted, his road rage showing.

"You have to exchange the information," Stu claimed, referring to the car insurance as the truck drove right up against them.

"Jesus!" Doug exclaimed, the force of the truck hitting the van throwing him back a bit before he looked towards the front of the van. "Phil, look out!" He shouted, seeing there was a line of yellow barrels on the road to split it off.

"Oh shit!"

Noticing the barrels, Phil tried to steer away from them, but wasn't successful as the truck smashed into them again which sent Phil driving directly into the barrels.

The water holding the barrels down from flying away splashed all over the car, making the group all begin screaming as the truck kept trying to run them off the road. "Get away from him!" Stu shouted.

"I'm trying!" Phil shouted back, trying to keep the wheel straight but struggling as the truck kept pushing them off.

The truck pulled away for a second, and Brooklyn thought they were fine, but she was very wrong when the truck slammed back into them, succeeding in their task to run the group off the road and onto a hill.

When Phil managed to get the van to stop moving, Brooklyn looked up and saw the guys in the truck getting out and running towards the van, all of them wearing pig masks. "They're coming for us!" She shouted, reaching for her purse gun and managing to stick in the back of her jeans.

"Lock your doors!" Phil shouted, and the group all immediately obeyed except for Phil. "Brooks, lock your doors!" He shouted again, reaching over to Brooklyn's door to lock it for her but being the one to get dragged out first by his feet.

"Phil!" Brooklyn cried, watching her future husband get taken, Stu being dragged out next.

Brooklyn was the third to be yanked out of the van, whoever was behind her grabbing a handful of her hair and throwing her down against the hood of the van. "Hey!! Ow, Fuck!"

Zip ties were then tightly secured around both of Brooklyn's wrists, cutting off the circulation to her hands as she felt the guy behind her take her gun from her pocket. Damn it.

"Hey! Get the fuck off her!!" She heard Phil yell, obviously not a fan of how his future wife was being manhandled.

"Get away from me!" Brooklyn shouted next, trying to use her legs and kick at the guy shoving her onto the ground.

She looked to her right just in time to see Alan bolting away from the group as Doug was pulled from the back of the van, still trying to get loose but failing as the guy pulled a bag over her head before he pulled her up from the ground.

All Brooklyn heard was Phil, Stu and Doug struggling to get away from the creeps and the mechanical wiring of the truck lift beeping before she was dropped to her knees onto a metal platform, feeling the lift going up before the guy behind her pushed her into the truck.

It wasn't 30 seconds later that she heard who had to be Phil yelling and shouting swears at the guy handling him as he was also shoved into the back of the truck.

"Phil!" She breathed, her heart going miles a second as she tried to scoot over to where she heard Phil panting.

"Baby, are you okay?" He asked, lifting and turning his head to where he heard Brooklyn, even though neither of them could see.

"How can I be okay?" Brooklyn asked rhetorically, finally reaching her fiancé and leaning back against the truck wall, out of breath. "What the fuck is going on?"

"No idea but they aren't gonna lay another hand on you, that's for damn sure," Phil answered, also out of breath.

Brooklyn heard the girly screams of Stu as he was put on the elevator and shoved in the truck. Doug coming in after him then Alan. "We're in an elevator!" Alan yelled.

All they heard was panicking and screaming as the elevator was folded up.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?!?!!?!?" Stu screamed, his voice echoing off the metal walls of the truck as the door to the back was slammed closed, concealing the 5 in the darkness.

Well, fuck.