Chapter 1

I woke up to a knocking. Not even that, to a rhythmic, monotonous thud. Two beats in a row, a pause, and then again. This sound seemed to vibrate through my entire body. My thoughts were confused, my body wouldn't obey, what can I say, even my eyes wouldn't open. But it was warm, pleasant, and I wanted to sleep, and most importantly, I had a body! I didn't stay conscious for long, I fell asleep almost immediately.

The next awakening wasn't any better, but I managed to make sense of the situation. The knocking was clearly a heartbeat. And definitely not mine. Mine is right here, beating inside, and this one is outside my little body. And this strongly hints at two facts. First, I'm an unborn child, and the second fact follows from the first - I died and was reborn. Creepy, unscientific, but there were no other ideas, and my subconscious was telling me that there was no need for any others. I'm in a very piquant place, in both the literal and figurative sense of the expression.

There was no panic. My thoughts moved very slowly and with difficulty, as if I had a hangover. These conclusions took all my strength, and I passed out again.

I woke up to a sound like a bell and a window in front of my eyes with an inscription like in a computer game:

Ding-a-ling!

For active mental effort, intelligence +1, wisdom +1.

The system. It's here, my dear. Hooray! We live! Joy invigorated me and gave me strength. In my past life, I had mixed feelings about novels where the main character had a system. On the one hand, this superstructure over the soul could elevate the hero to the level of gods, but on the other hand, you always remained its slave. And the worst part - it's unclear what to expect from its owner. Not the player endowed with this device, but the creator of this miracle. Isn't he fattening up the unfortunate gamer like a pig for slaughter?

So what was I happy about? Well, for starters, the system is a chance for magic! And also - for adventures! And what will happen in the end - life will show! Having thought this through, I passed out again.

I woke up again to the knocking. Apparently, this alarm clock will be waking me up for a long time. Without wasting time on extraneous thoughts, I immediately tried to call up the status. Not on the first try, but I succeeded.

Character Status:

Name -

Surname -

Patronymic -

Race: Human

Characteristics:

Strength - 0.1

Agility - 0.1

Intellect - 1.1

Wisdom - 1.1

Magic - 0.1

Prana - 0.1

HP - 1

MP - 1

Mana Core: Formation stage

Skills: -

Abilities: -

Quests:

 Prevent or stop the demon invasion

(Global)

The seal of Marduk the Two-Headed Axe is crumbling, and demons from the dark dimension of Leng are beginning to break through into the world. Prevent or stop a large-scale invasion of your world.