Chapter 12 Your Hometown

If "rules are absolute" still applies to this second "game," then what's written on the mask is the key to unlocking it.

But how to decipher it?

When will the harpoons be launched?

"The clock never stops ticking"...

Could it be one step every minute?

Qi Xia glanced at the clock on the table. It was already 1:05. If "one step every minute" meant the time for the harpoons to be launched, then there were less than ten minutes left.

"Turn a hundred times in the direction of your hometown"...

The hometowns of the nine people present were all different, and "a hundred times" was not a small number.

If they chose the wrong direction, they would easily waste these ten minutes.

But in this room, besides themselves, what else could be "turned"?

Qi Xia's gaze landed on the clock in the center of the table.

He leaned forward and gently touched the clock, only to find it firmly fixed to the table and unable to move.

"The clock can't move, could it be the chairs?"

Qi Xia looked down at the chair he was sitting on. It was an old, ordinary chair emitting a musty smell, placed casually on the ground, with no mechanisms whatsoever.

If that was the case, then it must be...

Qi Xia reached out and tried to move the table. Sure enough, there was a faint sound of chains coming from inside the table.

But the table was heavy, and despite using considerable force, he could only move it a few centimeters.

"A hundred times..."

This number couldn't be accomplished by just two or three people. All nine people present needed to work together to turn the table, to have a chance at survival.

Lin Ling keenly noticed Qi Xia's actions and called a halt to everyone.

Everyone walked over to the table and found that it could indeed be turned.

"Really something, scammer," Qiao Jiajin nodded, "If we turn this table a hundred times, we should be able to open the invisible door."

Qi Xia took another look at the clock. Although time was running out, the problem now became more straightforward.

Turning this round table a hundred times in the direction of "hometown" meant only two answers.

To the left, or to the right.

But everyone's hometown was situated in different directions - east, south, west, north. How could they determine whether to turn left or right?

"Qi Xia, do you already know when the harpoons will be launched?" Lin Ling asked, covering her nose and mouth.

"The hint says time 'never stops', so I guess it will be at 1:15," Qi Xia said softly.

Qiao Jiajin's expression changed when he heard this. "Doesn't that mean we have less than ten minutes left? Let's start turning quickly."

Dr. Zhao moved the bodies lying on the table aside and also sat down slowly, testing the weight of the table with his hand. He said, "But we only have one chance. If we turn this heavy table a hundred times and choose the wrong direction, what should we do?"

"That still gives us a fifty percent chance of survival!" Qiao Jiajin said urgently. "If we don't move, we're dead for sure. If we turn, there's a fifty percent chance we'll survive. Let's hurry!"