Chapter 2 : Unraveling the first lies

Far away, long ago, glowing dim as an amber, things my heart used to know, things it yearns to remember; And a song, someone sings.

Once upon a December.

-Anastasia 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday morning 

Naveah's House 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Naveah's POV:

I woke up by the knocking on the door. What time would it be?  I glanced over to my clock. It's 6:50 AM, I rubbed my eyes and forgot about the knock for a moment, I stretched myself while yawning. My moment of stretching was ruined by the sound of another knock, a lot louder then the previous one, I stood up and started to walk towards my front door; While walking the knocking started to become louder and harder. As a matter of fact, it wasn't even knocking it was banging. "Open the door Naveah" I heard a familiar voice say, I opened the door and saw my mom standing in front of me, her arms were crossed and her left feet was tapping the floorboard from impatience, I saw her eyes were looking me up and down and I could tell she was not very happy this morning.

 I opened the door widely for her to come in and started to walk to my kitchen to make me and my mom some coffee, a loud bang followed quickly after I turned my back to my mom. "What's that smell" I heard my mom say in a tone that sounded like she held her nose closed with her 2 fingers. I rolled my eyes and started the coffee machine, I started to grab the mugs "I had a long weekend, Give me a break ma" I said while putting the cups on the counter. My mom put her bag on the chair that was sitting in the kitchen, she sat down and looked very frustrated and annoyed, good thing I'm giving her some coffee, coffee tames the beast they say, at least I think they do but I like the saying anyways, as I was pouring the fresh coffee into the cups "This behaviour I would expect from your sister, but YOU Naveah? Now I expect you to do a lot of stupid things but making out with my new partner from work, not to forget you did that on my damn office desk, and that is a new level of low" my mom said; it's a good thing that my back was faced to her because I was rolling my eyes once again. 

I turned around and put the mugs on the kitchen table and sat down for a moment to drink the coffee. I took a sip of my coffee and when I put my cup back on the table I looked at my mom and said "For the 10th time ma, I did NOT know she was your work-partner" I grabbed a cigarette out of my bag and lit it up, if somebody knows how to tickle my brain in the wrong way it would be my mom. "Tell that to someone who might believe you, I'm done with your lies" she said in an angry tone, I felt like I was getting scolded like a toddler meanwhile I'm a 28 year old woman who's been living on myself since I was 18. "I'm not even lying" I said to her which she  followed with a snarky "Go get dressed"  I sucked my teeth which she knows is a sign of annoyance, I took another sip of my coffee and went upstairs to take a quick shower and get ready for the day. 

After my shower I put on a simple pair of black pants and a simply red crop top with a black blazer and my favourite black boots. I let my curls loose, curled my eyelashes, put on some kholl eyeliner and wet up my moroccan lip stain, which makes your lips stain red with a gold shimmer in it. As always I wear my golden sun pendant necklace, red wool braided bracelet on my wrist and my golden ear-cuffs. I sprayed my favourite scent on myself, grabbed my bag and made my way downstairs, as I was walking towards my mom I could tell she had something to say, which she did " What are you wearing?" she said, to which I replied "Clothes" I shrugged and rolled my eyes because if you ask a stupid question you will get a stupid answer. She gave me a a violent look started to tick with her fingers on the table "You are not wearing that" she said, I sucked my teeth once again out of annoyance, I lit up another cigarette and sat down to take a sip of my cold coffee. "I'm a grown woman ma, I wear whatever I want" I said, tapping the cigarette off on the ashtray, my mom looked shady, as if she was planning on doing something "As long as I live, you shall do what I say" she said, she snapped her fingers and before I knew it, I was wearing a long pink skirt, pink heels and a white blouse.