Chapter 23

*bRrInG, bRrInG*

The sound of Sanji's Den-Den-Mushi ringing pierced the air, pulling Zoro, Sanji, and Luffy from their focused silence as they combed through the western side of the island. Sanji quickly answered.

"Franky, what's the situation?" Sanji asked.

"We've got him!" Franky's relieved voice crackled through the speaker.

Zoro's fists clenched with a mixture of anticipation and relief. They had found him, his son was safe. But there was still the matter of those that dared to take him. "Where are you?"

"On the eastern side, near the cliffs. But we've got trouble. More pirates are on the way. We need backup!" Franky's urgency was clear.

Sanji looked at Zoro and Luffy. "Let's move."

The three set off at a sprint, with Sanji in the lead navigating the uneven terrain of the island. As they neared the cliffs, the sounds of battle grew louder.

Bursting through the foliage, Zoro, Sanji, and Luffy found Franky, Usopp, and Brook holding back a growing tide of pirates. Franky was clutching Asahi, whose face was pale with fear and confusion.

"Zoro!" Luffy called out, his voice carrying an edge of command. "Clear a path!"

"On it!" Zoro answered, his swords slicing through the pirates.

Sanji's eyes never left Asahi even as he fought. "Nami, Robin, and Chopper should be meeting us at the opposite cliffs soon. We need to regroup!" he yelled.

Franky, Brook and Usopp swiftly made their retreat with Asahi in tow. The group fought bravely to cover their escape, ensuring that the child was safely out of harm's way.

Making their way back towards the Thousand Sunny, suddenly, with a surprising burst of strength for a young child, Asahi twisted in Franky's arms and sunk his teeth into the cyborg's ear.

"Ouch!" Franky winced, trying to remain steady despite the unexpected attack. Usopp's eyes widened in disbelief, unsure whether to laugh or be concerned.

Asahi, still clinging onto Franky, glared up at him. "Not lettin' you take me! No way, no how!"

Franky chuckled. "Kid's got some fight in him, that's for sure."

Usopp, trying to stifle a laugh, spoke up, "You've got some spunk, little guy. But let's not bite the crew members, alright?"

They reached the safety of the ship, Nami, Chopper, and Robin rushed to see Asahi on deck.

"Hello, Asahi!" Nami greeted.

As she approached, Asahi's demeanor turned defensive. "What you want?"

"Hey there, Asahi! We're your friends," Chopper chimed in.

"..." Asahi took a step back, his eyes wary and uncertain.

Nami, with a gentle smile, crouched down to his level. "Aw, look at how long your hair has gotten!" As she reached out to touch his long hair, Asahi flinched instinctively.

Nami, noticing Asahi's reaction, quickly withdrew her hand. "I'm sorry, Asahi. I didn't mean to startle you." Her tone softened, understanding the significance of his flinch. "Your hair has grown so much, just like you have."

Asahi looked at Nami with a mix of wariness and curiosity. The crew members remained quiet, giving him space to adjust and feel at ease in their presence.

Asahi's guard seemed to slowly lower as he looked at the crew around him. He glanced at Franky, who had a bandage on his ear from the unexpected bite.

Franky chuckled, his usual grin forming on his face. "No hard feelings, little buddy."