Chapter 3: Home

Indeed Friday evening a luxurious car was outside of his hideous, shared flat in a dangerous neighborhood, picking him up.

He still hadn't wrapped his head around what he was doing. Instead of studying for his finals, he was meeting Seo Changbin, who also may be his future husband. 

This was absurd.
He shouldn't have even answered the text.
What was he thinking?
He's a poor boy, barely making enough money to survive while studying, wearing a pair of three year old jeans and his only somewhat expensive blouse, that besides the seats of this car seem like they cost at tops ten dollars.

"Mr Hwang, I can hear your thoughts from my driver's seat. Don't worry this much. Boss is a really good person. He'll make you feel like home."

"You know me?"

"How would I pick you up if I didn't?"

"You have a point... I don't know sir, I just feel like this whole thing is not for me. How could I ever belong-"

"Many rich people, who weren't born into generational wealth used to think like that and once they stopped, that's when they made money. We're here Mr Hwang. Let me open the door for you."

"No, I can do it, there is no need to-"

"Sir, let me do my job, I wouldn't want to get fired."

Hyunjin didn't know what this guy had been talking about in the car but this, this definitely didn't resemble home.

He should really just u-turn and run away before it's too late. Why was he so stupid?

"Hyunjin! You are here! Welcome home!"

Seo Changbin is in front of him.
Before he could react, his brain ordered him to bow deeply in front of this powerful man.

"Hello, Mr Seo. It's an honor to meet you-"

"Hey, no, no. What are you doing? Don't bow at me! And please, call me Changbin. "

"Now you beg, how the tables have turned- Oh my God, I didn't just say that out loud-"

"Unless I'm powerful enough to read minds too, I guess you did babe."

"I'm so sorry-"

"Stop, there's no need to. It's good you feel comfortable enough to share your thoughts with me. Let's head to the dining room. The food is ready to be served. Give me your hand darling."

So Hyunjin did, realizing there was no way back now, not that it bothered him much.

"Hyunjin, now that we are left alone I think we should talk more openly."

"Totally agree."

"I'm serious about the proposal and I hope once you get to now me a little better you'll be too. You are perfect for this marriage but I need your full consent. At any moment you can back away-"

"Look, Changbin. I really thought this was a prank but now that it's real, or at least feels like it, I need to know your motivation. Why?"

"My father has terminal cancer, soon he'll be gone. In order for me to be the next president of our company I need to be married."

"Changbin, I'm a boy. Are you sure your father-"

"Hyunjin, my father know I'm gay. He's known before I knew. He supports this wedding one hundred percent, he just wants to see me happy walking down the aisle. Finally with a person that will accompany me for life. And I need my father happy enough to have me in his position, instead of my brother."

"You could have anybody else-"

"Hyunjin, besides being the prettiest person I've ever seen and clearly very educated, you are studying law at the top university of our country on full scholarship that says enough, you are hardworking, I know you work two jobs in order to pay for your sister's and mother's expenses, but also poor. I could help you in so many ways why you help me advance my social image. I, a born in generational wealth boy, marrying the poor, struggling, yet stubborn, pretty, hardworking one... we would be the marriage of the decade. Our sales would increase in a matter of seconds right after our announcement."

"But you- we are gay, won't this hurt your image-"

"I've said it publicly enough times already. The news will only work as the ultimate proof. Marrying you, will only benefit me."

"I need to think about it. I'm still studying, I never thought about marriage-"

"Do you want to make a deal?"

"I'm all ears."

"I'll give you a month to figure yourself out but we'll meet eachother everyday. I'll drive you to and from your university, we'll go on dates or we'll just meet with each other and talk. What do you think?

"Yes, let's do that."

What was there to lose?