14

Eden’s head pounded with pain as she slowly regained consciousness. 

“Hurry up Crowley!” A harsh voice snapped. “She needs me.”

“Keep it up and I'll leave you here!” Another voice snapped back. “These are thick ropes….”

“Maybe if you two would stop bickering you would already be over here!” Eden recognized that voice. It was her Papa and he sounded very upset. 

“Ugh…” Eden groaned as she forced her eyes to open. “What the fuck happened…..”

“Eden!” Aziraphale gushed, relieved that Eden was awake. “Oh my precious Little One are you all right?” 

“I think so….” Eden grunted as she sat up slowly with the help of her Papa. Eden rubbed the back of her head. “I think I hit my head.” 

“You did!” Gabriel said as he suddenly appeared. “You hit your head against the console and your nose is bleeding!” 

“Oh.” Eden murmured as she touched her nose. Her fingers met fresh blood and she felt her stomach churn.

“Thank you Crowley for chewing through those awful ropes!” Crowley muttered darkly. “And for being stuck with having to pick fibers outta ya teeth for weeks on end!” 

Crowley stopped his muttering when he saw Eden’s wide blue eyes staring at him. 

“Oh shit, Queenie, are you alright?”

Gabriel glared at him. “Does she look okay?” 

Crowley growled and Aziraphale stepped in before another argument broke out. “Crowley dear, why don’t you go see where Furfur went. He's been gone for a while now….” Crowley nodded and after shooting daggers at Gabriel one last time he got up and made his way to the TARDIS doors. 

“Gabriel I'm fine.” Eden said hoarsely as her husband tore the sleeve off his suit. “You don't need to fuss.” Gabriel looked stricken as he gently pressed the cloth against Eden’s nose. “Just take it easy Edie.”

“Yes.” Aziraphale agreed. “I'll have you fixed up in a jiffy!” Aziraphale snapped his fingers and nothing happened. “Oh right. Sorry.” The lights suddenly flickered on and off while entire sections of the TARDIS became pitch black. 

“What's happening?”

“She's probably been damaged by the crash….or maybe the miracle blocker is affecting her. It's hard to say, especially since my head is killing me.” Eden muttered. “Or maybe she's activating the chameleon circuit to disguise herself….on the inside…”

Gabriel looked like he was about to say something but Crowley interrupted him as he returned. “If we have a plan we need to act now! Furfur is gone, probably to see where we are which means we don't have much time if we're going to make a run for it.”

“Right.” Aziraphale nodded. “Up you get Little One.” Aziraphale helped Eden to her feet as Gabriel protested. “She shouldn't be walking! She could have a concussion!” 

“Okay then.” Crowley replied, “We'll stay here and ask doctor Furfur when he gets back!”

“Okay, enough!” Eden snapped. “Gabriel I'm fine and I agree with Papa. We can't stay here!” 

The foursome peeked around the TARDIS doors and examined their surroundings. 

“Furfur went that way,” Crowley pointed to the dense forest. 

“And what’s over there?” Eden asked as she pointed in the direction of a cornfield. “Do you think that’s someone's farm?”

Crowley shrugged. “I would think so.”

“Maybe they'll be willing to help us!” Aziraphale said hopefully. “Then we'll be able to find our way back home.”

“Problem Angel.” Crowley pointed to his eyes. “I haven't got my sunnies.” 

“I don't think anyone will notice Daddy.” Eden said helpfully. “No one seems to ever notice mine, that's why I quit wearing my sunnies. Well that and they were annoying.”

“It's not just that!” Crowley blushed as Aziraphale clasped his hand. “Oh Crowley, you have no reason to be self conscious after all this time. All that matters is how we feel about you and your eyes.”

“And we love you!” Eden said as she hugged him tightly. “Even if you're always trying to kill my husband!” 

“Very funny.” Gabriel huffed, clearly not amused that Eden was joking about when she was covered in blood and in a clearly dangerous situation.

Crowley and Aziraphale laughed as the group finally emerged from the TARDIS. “Be back soon girl.” Eden said to her old friend in farewell.

“Ya know,” Crowley said as he walked alongside Eden. “You used to wear your glasses all the time when you were little.”

“Daddy.” Eden’s tone was clearly not in the mood. 

Aziraphale smiled. “You weren't even a year old and you would swipe your father's glasses when you could!” The memory of his little baby trying to wear glasses that clearly didn't fit her.

Crowley chuckled. “They were always too big but that didn't stop you! And when I got your first pair you hardly took em off!” 

“You were so cute!” Aziraphale gushed, feeling a little sad about how that version of Eden wasn’t around anymore. But he was glad that she didn't feel the need to hide her eyes from others. Her eyes reminded him so much of Crowley and he was very proud that she wasn't afraid to show that part of her. And he took great pleasure in reminding Crowley about how much he loved his demon's eyes…..

“Okay!” Eden declared as she forced her way forward. “No more baby stories please!” As she increased her pace, she felt Gabriel reach out and squeeze her hand. She squeezed it back in reassurance. 

They had just reached the cornfield when they heard a sharp cry of rage in the distance. 

“Quick!” Gabriel gasped. “We need to hide!”

“Cornfield!” Eden exclaimed as she practically jumped in between the stalks of corn with her parents and a reluctant Archangel following.